24hrs post LB

rosieorains
on 5/22/07 7:51 am - MA
Hi,, I am 24hrs post op Lap Band and just got home.  I have a tightness in my uper back which I'm thinking is the gas everyone talks about.  If so any suggestions to help it.  I had Dr.Nephamnashay at Lahey Burlington, the whole team was great.  I would deffinately encourage those interested in the surgery to check out their center for surgical weight loss...

marieh
on 5/22/07 11:05 am - So. Easton, MA
I'm  still pre-op but in my WLS group (Dr. Hess at QMC) we discussed this last time.  Natalie Egan (our nutritionist)  suggested Mylanta Ultimate chewables. I bought some early! LOL...I'd call your nutritionist and double check to make sure they would suggest them for you too.  Marie

Cher B.
on 5/23/07 12:47 am - MA
If it is gas, walking will help move it along and alleaviate the pain.  Hope you are feeling better soon.
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/07 12:56 am - Brockton, MA
a heating pad works great too  and walk, walk, walk, even around in circles if you have too
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/07 11:36 am - Zimbabwe
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/07 10:54 pm - Zimbabwe
How are you feeling?
rosieorains
on 5/25/07 2:58 am - MA
I am feeling pretty good, thanks.....Some soreness at the incision site where the port is, but other than that there is no pain to speak of.  I have noticed that I get tired mid afternoon and have to lay down.  I have not been hungry at all since the surgery, but am looking forward to increasing my diet to creamed soup next week.  I have  found the Designer Whey protien from Trader Joe's  to be pretty good.  I was wondering if I make a shake and froze it how it would be.  Might try that this afternoon....Thanks for checking in with me.......

Julie732000
on 6/4/07 10:24 am - MA
Hey There,  I just had my lap band on 5/30 too and felt some of the same.  It seems to be easing up each day.  Congratulations to all us "newbies"!
rosieorains
on 6/5/07 10:27 am - MA
CONGRATULATIONS!.......each day does get easier.   I was back to work after 1 week with very little issues.  My port site is still sore when I bend over but I hear that will get better too.  Haven't been hungry since surgery and have lost 14lbs since surgery date...Hope you are doing well....one day at a time..Peg

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/07 3:28 am - Zimbabwe
CONGRATULATIONS!!!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs