FRUSTRATED (long post)

KK123
on 5/23/07 5:17 am - Worcester, MA
I understand about the weight loss but i have friends and family members who were larger then myself and didnt have to lose 10%, because of prior medications my metabolism is slow to start with and even on a 1000 cal diet it takes me forever to lose, and i do do understand i need to lose some weight before surgery to make it easier but 34 pounds is alot for me.
normancpjones
on 5/25/07 3:47 am

Sorry you had that experience as that isnt the typical experience there! I had something similar happen the night before my son's surgery. I was called and told that he wasnt covered under our insurance. It turned out that someone had gone in, possibly registration or billing, and switched something about the insurance or PCP when they did a bill two weeks before and it had basically changed the information the hospital had!  I was flipping out being told the night before~! After a  few phone calls, it was straighted out. I wonder if the registration had old information and that is where they are getting it from? Dr. Vernon is great! Norm

KelleyMac
on 5/29/07 8:13 am - South Shore, MA
I started out with B&W about a year ago and I was NOT impressed at all.  I found the people there to be rude and not helpful at all.  I walked away from that program and now, over  a year later, I am going with Dr. Burch who works with Dr. Hess and I am just tickled pink about it.  You definitely shoul keep looking until you find a surgeon you "click" with and feel totally comfortable with.
steambacker
on 5/30/07 4:24 am - Hull, MA

Hi Kayla,

I had to lose weight as well.  I drank slim fast for lunch and ate no sugar cereal for breakfast and a healthy dinner.  Then I moved to slim fast for breakfast and lunch and a healthy dinner.  I lost 31 pounds and my surgery went very smoothly.  The more weight you lose the easier it is for the surgeon and for your own body.  I would rather the surgeon be operating shorter than longer with  complications.  The more weight you have, the harder it is for the surgeon to see everythng when operating and your organs may not be in their correct places.  The surgeon has to "blow you up" in order to operate laproscoptically and it is easier to see what he is doing if everything is where it should be when you lose the weight. Good luck!!! PS Dr Hess is WONDERFUL!!!!!

RNY surgery 05/23/07  Starting weight:  310
Right before operation: 279  Current weight:  117 Goal:  150
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views