Hair loss

Jeanette P.
on 5/18/07 10:29 pm - Hyannis, MA
I know this was coming, but I didn't realize it would be this bad.... will it come back?????? Jeanette
sunnymoonx
on 5/18/07 11:22 pm - cape cod, MA
hi jeanette- just having my RNY wednesday, I already have the zinc and selenium and biotin to take daily until the hair loss phase is over. I am NOT looking forward to it. Sorry I can't offer you any advice but for what everyone says it will end. (not much reassurance, eh? lol) Just wait a few months, Iwill be posting my own hair loss woes. see you soon!
DDBEAR458
on 5/19/07 11:58 am - WORCESTER, MA
hi jeanette. when did you have your surgery? how much have you lost? i had mine done January 16. lately i have too noticed that my hair is thinning!!! not a good feeling. i have always had GREAT hair. that was the ONE thing that i liked about myself. i am hoping that it will go away. sometimes i skip my vitamins. i know that's not good. my theory is BETTER TO BE BALD AND THIN THAN IT IS TO BE FAT WITH GREAT HAIR. LOL.
marieh
on 5/19/07 10:59 pm - So. Easton, MA
Hi Jeanette, I am still pre-op but was told at a group meeting that hair loss is mainly due to not eating enough protein. I know the rule is protein first, then veggies, etc. I know OH has a FAQ for post-op concerns...I bet there's something there about hair loss too. I'd call your doc's office to be on the safe side! Marie
jereyes
on 5/19/07 11:09 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
Hi Jeanette I experienced hair loss at about 10 weeks out and it lasted about 3-4 months. My surgeon did not direct it to not getting in enough protein. He just said most people will experience some hair loss due to the change of diet and the rapid weightloss. I was told to take zinc and biotin or pre natal vitamins. No one could notice my hair loss except myself. My hair did grow back but it tends to be much drier than before. Your hair loss shouldn't be to much to worry about. Good Luck! Janet
sunnymoonx
on 5/19/07 11:12 pm - cape cod, MA
Janet did you take the zinc and biotin? i started my zinc, bio and also selenium on my 2nd day home
Carolyn L.
on 5/20/07 12:38 am - Northborough, MA
Yes, it's bad. My hair fell out from months 4-6 but it came back with a vengeance! About 2 to 3 months after the hair loss stopped, my hair dresser noted that I had a TON of inch long hair all over my head. I ended up getting a very cute SHORT cut to match the length of the new hair. My hair is thicker and healthier than I ever remember. I still take Biotin and Zinc every day (I have all along) and I've really noticed a difference in my hair and nails with the regrowth. Despite all the coloring I do (I started going gray at age 12) my hair is amazingly soft and thick and healthy. Carolyn
Jeanette P.
on 5/20/07 2:34 am - Hyannis, MA
thank you for all the advice....i've totally forgotten about the biotin, but didn't know about the zinc and that other stuff. i knew this would be coming, but seeing all this hair coming out and throughout the day i feel like a shedding dog....lol i'm constantly pulling the hair off my shirt!! i've started using nioxin to wash with and i'll get those vitamins....hopefully this doesn't last too long and hopefully it all comes back ok... thank god i'm not alone.......
Msav61
on 5/22/07 10:11 am - New Bedford, MA

Hello, This is Monique..... Yes it will stop falling out!!!  Michael could not belive how much I was shedding. It was everywhere! and as you know I have short hair, and I would have to clean the drain 2x everytime I washed my hair. well I am just going into the 7th month and it really has stoped falling out. so don't worry. Hope to see you at a support group soon.  

SELIN N.
on 5/22/07 10:35 am - E. SANDWICH, MA
HAS THERE EVER BEEN A ANYBODY WHO HASNT LOST ANY HAIR...MY HAIR IS THE ONLY PRETTY THINK I HAVE ON ME AND FRANKLY, WITH NO HAIR...UGGGGG...LET ME KNOW
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views