Support Group on South Shore

mayberry1182
on 5/18/07 2:27 am
Hello, I've been a long time member of Obesityhelp.com, but this is my first post on the MA forum. A few friends of mine (Gastric Bypass patients) have been thinking of starting a support group. We would like to open it up to you as well. Please respond if you feel that you may be interested. I've had surgery over 4 years ago and I found that it was very helpful to keep me focused on my health and weight loss when I attended the meetings. Since then I have relocated and it's just not convienient for me to travel into the city for the meetings. I miss everyone there, but hope that I can have a successful group of my own. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
steambacker
on 5/18/07 3:23 am - Hull, MA
Hello Nice to meet you! What doctor do you have?
mayberry1182
on 5/18/07 4:22 am
Dr. Randall was my surgeon..he's GREAT. I've heard excellent things about Dr. Hess. Thanks for the "Welcome"
Lauryn
on 5/18/07 11:49 pm - Abington, MA
Hi Margaret, Dr Hess has a support group that meets on the first Monday of each month at Quincy Medical Center at 6:00. It is led by Natalie Egan, one of the registered dieticians in his program. I don't think there any restrictions as to who your surgeon was, to participate, if you would like to join us. My surgery was just a few weeks ago, but I agree that the South Shore needs a more frequent meeting. Please keep me posted if you are able to get a location for your meeting ([email protected]). Thanks, Laurie
M M
on 5/20/07 4:12 am
If you do start something up - I'd love to know the details - and I'd love to get more people involved! Thanks! [email protected]
KelleyMac
on 5/22/07 11:57 am - South Shore, MA
Yeah ...what they said.  I would be interested.  I went to the support group that Laurie is talking about and it was really great but just as an FYI Natalie Egan is no longer going to be running them.  As of this Friday (or maybe next Friday I forgot what Ellen said) she is leaving Dr. Hess & Dr. Burch's practice.  They are unsure of who will be taking over that postion as of yet but I am sure it will be someone fabulous... just like the rest of their team
Midgie67
on 5/23/07 4:44 am - Yuma, AZ

I would be so interested.  My surgery isn't until Aug...but I would love to start going to meetings now, please keep us posted.

AD31
on 5/24/07 12:45 am - norwood, MA
Hi Margaret, My name is Adriana and I also live in the South Shore and I know it can really be a chore to get in the city every month. I think you have a great idea with starting your own group for people on the south shore.I would love to help you in any way possible.I am going to be getting surgery June 27 and I am so excited and scarred all at the same time.My support group for NEMC has ment the world to me and I know how important support is for sucess.I am in this for life.
jeano3
on 5/24/07 9:55 am - Halifax, MA
Hi, If you do start a local support group please, please let me know!!!   Thanks
Jean
carolanne
on 5/27/07 9:55 am - west bridgewater, MA
Dear Margaret,             I would love to be a part of a support group on the South Shore. Please let me know if you are able to. I also have a friend who had gastric bypass three weeks before I did who would love to join. We both had Dr. Lautz at B&W. Oh this would be so perfect!!!!! Cal   in Bridgewater
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views