Only 4 days away...

KellyMASS
on 5/20/07 5:09 am - MA
Is there anything you have to do tonight got get ready .. like drink anything .. I've heard people in the main board room talk about some drink they have to take the night before.
Cher B.
on 5/19/07 1:28 am - MA
Ashley, Hang in there. Worrying is normal but you are going to be in the hands of a fantastic surgical team. I really liked my anesthesiologist at NWH and Dr. Gazmuri is 100% fantastic. Take some walks and keep hydrated before your big day. You will be so excited when you are on the other side. Keep busy to help keep the nerves away. Best wishes to you. Hugs, Cher
Ashley78986
on 5/19/07 9:56 am - MA
Thanks, I'm trying to keep as busy as possible, Ive made plans for the next few days so that I always have something to do! I know that Dr. G is great, Im just worried about the going to sleep and never waking up thing lol. Thats all I said during pretesting. I know deep down that I'll be ok, but I just cant help but worry.
Amanda D.
on 5/20/07 11:13 am - Haverhill, MA
Thats awesome, congrats!!!! You will have to run back and tell us all about it! I've had 4 kids and 3 major surgeries i had the same worries everytime they stuck a needle in me! Its normal, but like the others have said ASK for something. The nurses can give you Valum or Ativan via IV and you will be WALKING ON SUNSHINE!!!!
Lauryn
on 5/22/07 6:08 am - Abington, MA
Ashley, I had my surgery on 4/24 at BMC with our beloved Dr Doald Hess.  Let me tell you about my anesthesia experience.  First of all, everyone who came within hearing distance, from my pre-op appointment until they put me under got to hear me tell them to give me that anti-barf shot even though I take dylantin for neuralgia.  Okay, one minute I'm chatting away with my niece (who had the surgery over a year ago and has been at goal for 6 months) and the next minute I'm finishing my sentence (5 hours later) with them wheeling me into a room!   Sweetie, I just turned 60 and have sleep apnia, so if I had no problem with it, you should breeze through!  it!  I weighed 330 at surgery, after loosing 48 pounds pre-op. That was the best thing I could have done, because they pump you full of water to suspend your organs during the surgery and for me that meant cming home 13 pounds heavier than when I went in.  My gut, legs and feet were so bloated I thought I would burst! But it was all gone in 3 days! The worst part for me was the gas pains, which subside in direct propotion to the amount of walking you do.  Now I'm at the 'mushed' stage, with a turkey meatloaf in the oven for supper - no red meat yet, but no big deal. You young-uns will be fine!  Pleae don't waste your lives sitting on the side-lines like me! Go for it with all you've got and trust God to take care of the details.  Just remember that this is a life-long commitment to eat and live in a healthier way, otherwise you are in for a very rude awakening. God Bless, Laurie 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views