Only 4 days away...

Ashley78986
on 5/18/07 5:57 am - MA
So, my date is only 4 days away and I think I'm starting to get the pre-surgery jitters. Im starting to get really nervous about the anesthesia (not sure if I spelled that correctly.) I can't wait to start my new life, but for some reason I'm letting myself get all worried over the anesthesia. Any advice? Thanks. Ashley
KellyMASS
on 5/18/07 10:32 am - MA
At your age I don't think you have anything to worry about . I'm sure Dr. Gazmuri has told you not to worry. Thats also one of my concerns but Dr. Partridge told me that I'm in good health i'm young and if there were ever a problem they are ready for it. I'm 33 and have high blood pressure. One of the reasons they do the sleep study is so they can be ready and be aware while you're under anesthesia (sp?). I'm really glad for you that your day is almost here ...
Noelle R.
on 5/18/07 11:37 am - MA
HI Ashley You will be fine, and age is definitely on your side. Best of luck to you I will keep you in my prayers, What is your actual date and time? I am scheduled on June 18th. I am four weeks away, that is awesome you are four days away. I think it is normal to be nervous. I think we do all this research and preparing and now it is becoming reality so we get scared. Ask the nurses to give you something to calm you before hand and you will be ok. I promise. Best of Luck I will be thinking of you! God Bless Noelle : )
SELIN N.
on 5/18/07 11:42 am - E. SANDWICH, MA
Hey I am scheduled for June 18 th also...I bet we are going thru the same feelings just about.....Where are you having yours done? I'll be at brigham & womans
Noelle R.
on 5/18/07 12:25 pm - MA
Oh isnt that ironic. I am having mine done at Winchester Hospital. How come your date was moved. I am very anxious, nervous, and very very emotional etc. I am excited to start my new life also. How old are you? Where from I am 40 from Medford. ttys keep in touch Thanks Noelle : )
Noelle R.
on 5/31/07 6:48 am - MA
I am getting really nervous how about you? Noelle : )
sunnymoonx
on 5/18/07 11:25 pm - cape cod, MA
I didnt get my jitters until I was in the car on the way to the hospital. i cried like a baby. When they were putting my IV's in I nearly got up and ran away. Tell them you want something to relax you ASAP. they wouldnt give it to me until i had my IV's in, but boy that helps so much. You can even ask your surgeon for something to take that morning. I've heard some will give it, mine wouldnt. Good luck and Congrats!
Ashley78986
on 5/18/07 11:36 pm - MA
Thanks everyone! My date is 5/22 at 11:30am at NWH. Dr. Gazmuri has told me that there is nothing to worry about, but still, I have to worry.
KellyMASS
on 5/19/07 9:27 am - MA
if your surgery is at 11:30 am .. what time do they want you there? just wondering
Ashley78986
on 5/19/07 9:55 am - MA
I have to be there at 10:00 AM. So I'll have to do all of my preparing the day before so that when I get up in the morning I can just be ready to go!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views