Having a 4 hour first consult is this right?

shannewc
on 5/14/07 12:33 pm
Hi everyone I am new to this, so bear with me. I am going to NWH Wednesday for my apt, can anyone tell me whatg will take place. Plus how soon do you find out if your approved, and when do they scheadule surgery???so many questions someone who has used Newton Wellsley please write back thanks a million Shannon
KatKat
on 5/14/07 12:41 pm
Hi Shannon, Yes, 4 hours is right! You meet with a nurse, psychologist, nutritionist and the surgeon. You also spend a bit of time in between each in the waiting room. I think my appt. lasted closer to 5 hours. You can read my profile from Nov. 2006 for all the details. Are you seeing Dr Patridge or Gazmuri? It doesn't really matter as they are both wonderful and do the surgeries together. I had Dr P but have seen Dr G a number of times as well. They are an awesome team and you are in good hands! Good luck! ~Kathleen
shannewc
on 5/14/07 12:48 pm
Hi Kathleen, I have Dr. Gazmuri, do you know how long he has been with NWH? Thanks for your quick reply, I am going to your profile. Thanks again Shannon
honeymoo
on 5/14/07 9:07 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Hi Shannon Yup Kathleen is right. I had my surgery there and my hubby has is consult on the 30th w/ Dr. Gazmuri. He has been doing Gastric Bypass for over 7 years not sure how long he has been at NW. He's awesome!! I am following up with him and I love him. As far as the approval alot depends on your insurance and as far as scheduling it depends on how quick you get all your requirements done (meetings, tests, etc) My husband already has his meeting requirements complete and I believe will only need the sleep study, our ins in awesome so he will get approved in no time as did I. Wednesdays are consult day plus reg appts along with nutrition so there are alot of people there. You will have time in between waiting for each person, that takes the longest plus before you leave you will have blood taken. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask away. Good luck Gwen
Cher B.
on 5/15/07 1:31 am - MA
Hi Shannon, Kathleen and Gwen summed things up well as far as what to expect at the consult. I wanted to wish you luck and let you know that I will be in the office tomorrow for my 10 day follow-up around 10:45. My pic is on my profile so please say hi if you see me. My surgery was with Dr. Gazmuri last Monday and I have the hugest respect and admiration for him. The whole practice is terrific! Good luck, hope to see you tomorrow. ~Cher
KellyMASS
on 5/15/07 5:09 am - MA
Hi Cher... I'll see you there tomorrow I see Dr. Partridge tomorrow and the NUT @10:45 ~Kelly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views