ANYBODY KNOW WHEN CAPE COD HOSPITAL HAS A SUPPORT GROUP MEETING?

SELIN N.
on 5/12/07 12:23 am - E. SANDWICH, MA
Hi..I have an appointment for June 18th for lap.Gastric bypass and wanted to meet with some people who have had it done or are about to have it done...If you know of any support groups on cape cod, please let me know...Hate the drive to boston all the time...Thanks...Selin
sunnymoonx
on 5/12/07 5:03 am - cape cod, MA
Hello! who is your DR in boston? Did you know that there is a surgeon in wareham that doesn the RNY? He is at a center of excellence (only 2 in MA) He runs support groups once a month in hyannis (his patients ony) and i know there is one at cape cod hospital run every month(open to anyone) good luck on your journey! where in the cape are you?
sunnymoonx
on 5/12/07 5:04 am - cape cod, MA
forgot to add, if you check the cpae cod hospital website. i think its capecodhealthcare.com or something like that. they list support group meetings that are held there.
Julie ~
on 5/12/07 6:11 am
SELIN N.
on 5/12/07 9:35 am - E. SANDWICH, MA
Thank you..My dr is Dr. Lautz at brigham & womans...Thanks again..Oh I'm in sandwich
Julie ~
on 5/12/07 5:59 am
sunnymoonx
on 5/12/07 6:25 am - cape cod, MA
i looked at the american society for bariatric surgery and here is a link to some information. i havent read through much of it yet but just passing along the info. http://www.asbs.org/html/about/asbsguidelines.html here is part of what i found GLOBAL CREDENTIALING REQUIREMENTS To meet the Global Credentialing Requirements in bariatric surgery the applicant should: Have credentials at an accredited facility to perform gastrointestinal and biliary surgery. Document that he or she is working within an integrated program for the care of the morbidly obese patient that provides ancillary services such as specialized nursing care, dietary instruction, counseling, support groups, exercise training, and psychological assistance as needed. Document that there is a program in place to prevent, monitor and manage short-term and long-term complications. Document that there is a system in place to provide and encourage follow-up for all patients. Follow-up visits should either be directly supervised by the Bariatric surgeon of record or other health care professionals who are appropriately trained in perioperative management of bariatric patients and part of an integrated program. While applicants can not guarantee patient compliance with follow-up recommendations, they should demonstrate evidence of adequate patient education regarding the importance of follow-up as well as adequate access to follow-up. I am off to look through it more thoroughly....
Julie ~
on 5/13/07 4:16 am
sunnymoonx
on 5/13/07 4:46 am - cape cod, MA
I did notice while at Tobey that they have bigger chairs, the toilets are supported for heavier weights and such. I wonder if they don't want to take anyone over 350 because they are at a higher risk of having complications? But sure, Paying the $10K to have that COE title- makes you think. Bu i think most "titles" are that way
SELIN N.
on 5/12/07 9:41 am - E. SANDWICH, MA
Thank you ....I picked brigham & womans for my reasons. Did a lot of looking and I am happy with my choise but the hike is killing me...So I thought I would try something here on the cape...I just missed it though...My surgery is set for the 18 of next month so I guess I can get to the one in June...Thank you very much!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views