Lobster???

jrobichaud
on 5/12/07 9:00 am - Pepperell, MA
Hello everyone. I am 6 months post op RNY and have been invited to a lobster boil tomorow. Has anyone had lobster post op and any problems?
DDBEAR458
on 5/12/07 10:35 am - WORCESTER, MA
hi jason!!!! how are you? havne't heard from you in long time. lobster sounds sooo good. i actually went to Hampton Beach today with my husband for lunch! we went to Brown's. the lobster sounded so good but it was way too expensive. i'm sure you'll be fine. just don't use too much butter. how's our weight loss? you must be a hunk! lol.
KatKat
on 5/12/07 10:53 am
Hey Josh, It was good to see you the other night. You look great! I haven't tried lobster yet but I've talked w/Gwen about it - she said that the claws are good but the tail can be tougher. It makes sense. It's great protein so I say try a little and easy on the butter. Let me know how it goes! Kathleen
Marianne978
on 5/12/07 1:07 pm - Metrowest, MA
Hi Josh, I have tried lobster and it was fine. I used Margarine instead of butter but it went down ok. The claws are a little easier but I chewed like crazy. Great for protein Good Luck and let us know how it works out.
Amanda.F
on 5/12/07 11:04 pm - Bradford, MA
Hi Joshua Lobster at 6 months was a tragedy for me. I tried it again 3 months later & learned i needed to chew it longer. everyone is different & its all about testing foods.
KatKat
on 5/15/07 1:19 am
So, Josh, How was the lobster??? Inquiring minds want to know!! ~Kathleen
jrobichaud
on 5/15/07 2:15 am - Pepperell, MA
Well, After much thought I did you with 3 claws. I did use a smidgen of butter and in all they sat ok. About 30 minutes after I ate i did get a small yucky feeling but it wasnt that bad. It was nice to have Lobstah. I did have a bite of scallops too. That was very tasty. So in all I would have again as a treat to myself.
Evia
on 6/28/07 4:48 pm
Im officialy jealous... lol I went to the lobster shack in rockport and the lobsters were $19.00 a piece a bit to much for my tasts and since considering I know alot of people with lobster licences and I dont even have a band.  Oh well I'm going lobster catching with a friend next week so I should be able to enjoy one before being banded.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views