Searching for doctors/hospitals

Girl ..
on 5/11/07 2:04 am - MA
Hi, I am new and searching for best options. I have great insurance and will be fully covered. I live in Groton, Massachusets. I have goe to Lahey Clinic Burlington and Emerson in Concord for infor sessions. Someone told me to look at UMASS Memorial in Worcester...Anyone have advice or suggestions for doctors?
DDBEAR458
on 5/11/07 9:36 am - WORCESTER, MA
hi julie. personally i wouldnt have gone to UMASS because it was such a long wait. i work there as well. i went to Newton Wellesley. i was in and out in about 5 months. ive lost 45 pounds and feel wonderful. if you need the lengthy process then i would opt for UMASS. i think they have two year period. im not that sure. i know lots of us who went to NWH and loved the doc's and the staff.
Eggface
on 5/11/07 2:54 pm - Sunny Southern, CA
Hi Julie, Thought I'd pass along this link if you haven't stumbled upon it yet... http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/professionals/showdocs-all.php?State=MA you'll find a ton of OH member patient reviews of surgeons in your area. Hope it helps your search, ~Michelle ObesityHelp Member Services
Cher B.
on 5/12/07 12:14 am - MA
Hi Julie, Take some time to read the surgeon reviews on this website to help make your decsion. I had my surgery on Monday with Dr. Gazmuri at Newton Wellesley. I have all of the very best things possible to say about him, everyone in the office and everyone that took care of me during my hospital stay. I was impressed with Gaz as a surgeon and a person. He listens and offers great feedback. Staff at the hospital also made very nice comments about him from the surgical residents to the PCAs. Dr. Patridge is another one of the surgeons at NWH. I would recommend her highly as well. The two of them perform the surgeries together so you get two surgeons for the price of one. No matter where you go please make sure of the following: -The surgeon has performed AT LEAST 200 gastric bypass surgeries -The surgeon's practice is now entirely gastric bypass as opposed to a GI doc that does this too. -The group offers support meetings. -You should be comfortable with the surgeon's technical abilities as well as their beside manner Good luck...we are all here for you as you go hrough this process. Best of luck, Cher
SELIN N.
on 5/12/07 9:45 am - E. SANDWICH, MA
Dr. Lautz at brigham & womans hospital..Not just him but the whole staff is great and they are always there if you need them. But look around and do your research. Good luck
Valerieb09
on 5/12/07 11:58 am - Seacoast, NH
Hi Julie, I would recommend my doctor, Dr. David Lautz at the Brigham & Womens Hospital in Boston. I live in New Hampshire and felt it was worth it to have the best! He has lots of patients from New Hampshire and some drive four hours for him. I did lots of research and chose him although the drive is the pits. They do have plenty of docs here in NH but he is considered one of the best laparscopic surgeons for obese people. Good Luck with whomever you decide on! Valerie
mreal
on 5/12/07 11:35 pm - Waban, MA
I am probably one of the few people I know that hated the surgeons and staff at Newton Wellesley. I used Dr. Lautz on a recomenadtion from someone here and I could not have been happier. He and his staff are awesome and it is such a great hospital. I first called them in July and had my surgery in October. Good luck with your search!
Lauryn
on 5/14/07 12:59 am - Abington, MA
Julie, There is a support group meeting tonight (Monday) and the second Monday of every month for Dr. Donald Hess & Miguel Birch's BMC patients/interested people at the Quincy Medical Center at 6:00. My surgery was on 4/24 and I'm feeling great! They are both wonderful surgeons, spotless track records and the group is very helpful, with folks there from all over, all ages and backgrounds. Hope to see you there, Laurie
rosieorains
on 5/14/07 10:05 am - MA
Hi, I am new here also. I have my surgery scheduled for 5/21...I am seeing Dr. Nepamnayshay at Lahey Burlington. Everyone has been great so far, very supportive. I started the process in January...so 5 months from start to surgery date....
donnafc
on 5/15/07 2:14 am - Lowell, MA
Not only do you need to find a good dr. You need to look at the support group and what is expected after. Having the surgery is the easy part, believe it or not. What is going to happen after is a lot of hard work. Boston is ok if you are going to make sure that you go to support groups and follow up visits. This is vital to your success. Emerson's group is great. I had Dr. Shen at Lowell. His group does emerson as well. I believe Dr. Shore see patients there. She is supposed to be good. If Lowell is good for you we have a wonderful new building and fantastic support. There are meetings ever week. They have started to have movement classes, yoga etc. To me it is all about what happens after. If you have any other questions just email and good luck donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views