Question on where I am losing weight

Marianne978
on 5/5/07 2:24 pm - Metrowest, MA
So I have lost about 40lbs and it seems that all my weight I have lost is in my legs/thighs/butt and my face. My stomach is the area where I needed to lose the most and its seems like it hasnt gone down much. I am nervous I am going to look that humpty dumpty...lol I work out at least 5 days a week and I havent done any abdominal exercise becuase I am only 8 weeks out and didnt think I could do any this soon? Anyone have this problem? Dont get me wrong I am greatful for the weight I have lost thus far and I feel FABULOUS! but just worried a little. Marianne
~ Stylz ~
on 5/5/07 3:58 pm - North of Boston, MA
Marianne congratulations on your weight loss so far! you won't look like "humpy dumpty", but becoming a 'skinny minnie' over night isn't realistic either I lost weight everywhere including my fingers and feet before I started noticing loss in my stomach! I think I was about 9 months post-op before I noticed some loss in my stomach and only in the past 2-3 months (I'm almost 14 months post op) have I noticed a big difference (in measurements) around the stomach area. It will happen, in time don't get discouraged, you'll be that 'skinny minnie' in no time
DDBEAR458
on 5/5/07 10:54 pm - WORCESTER, MA
im sure your GORGEOUS! arent' we grateful that we had this at the beginning of the year? new year and all. just think...we can wear a two peice bathing suit this year (of course a tankini!!! lol) did we ever think we would be below the 200's!
Carolyn L.
on 5/6/07 4:33 am - Northborough, MA
Unfortunately, we all lose the weight LAST where we need to lose it the MOST. The good news is, it'll come off there eventually!! Take your measurements! I thought I wasn't losing off my waist either because it always seemed to be the biggest part of me, but in 10 1/2 months with a 100lb weight loss I've lost almost 20 inches off my waist!!!!! It's actually where I've lost the most inches despite the fact that it still where I carry the only weight left on me (I'm getting a TT at the end of June). Keep up the exercising and ask your doc when you can start the abdominals (some are pretty conservative - my doc allowed it at 8 weeks out and his partner doesn't allow it for 6 months - go figure!) Carolyn
fooseberry
on 5/6/07 10:43 am - E Falmouth, MA
I am glad to see this post- I agree a million percent. I have gone from a 26/28 to a size 18 in 3 months but I feel like I still have 2 huge jelly rolls. I have to admit I don't exercise as much as I should but my legs and face/neck has a definite difference. I still have about 65lbs to go so I am hoping that is all in the belly. I don't remember if my doctor made any long term exercise rules. I think after 8wks you could do whatever you felt comfortable with. Jennifer
Marianne978
on 5/6/07 1:28 pm - Metrowest, MA
Thank you very much everyone for repling...It helps me to know that other people have the same concerns and its really nice to know that the people out further than me assure me that it will come off. The good thing is that I have big boobs in general so my stomach doesnt look as big...lol Marianne
Amanda.F
on 5/12/07 11:06 pm - Bradford, MA
Im 13 months post op & still have a saggy tummy... Its ok though, it all shifts & settles in all the right places
Evia
on 6/28/07 4:52 pm
I think we all loose weight differently depending on where our bodies store it.  In my past weight loss attempts I would always loose my stomach back and arms first but my thighs would be last wich is where I would loose first and I can never loose my bust it seems to take any weight additions as permanent wich truly frustrates me.  Anyhow best of luck and dont worry eventually it will come off just make sure your excercising evenly.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views