Post-op support groups???

CRISTA2013
on 4/28/07 6:13 am - Middleton, MA
Hello everyone. This is my 1st post since I had GBP on 1-25-07. I look forward to meeting you. I have had some complications that I have recovered from and am now looking for a post-op support group on the North Shore. My surgery was at Lahey Clinic and they offer groups, but not specifically for people who have had the surgery. I don't even know if one exists. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks...
joslyn1106
on 4/28/07 12:59 pm - lowell, MA
Hi, I go to support groups at Lowell general Hospital. Actually it's the Center for Weight Management. Have you tried that one?
CRISTA2013
on 4/30/07 4:57 am - Middleton, MA
Hi Karen. Thanks for the info. No, I haven't tried the one at Lowell General. Is it specifically for post-op patients? Is it helping you? The only one I've gone to is at Lahey and it's a mixed group of pre and post patients. Thanks, Julie
Clare C.
on 4/28/07 1:13 pm - North Andover, MA
Hi Julie, A few of us here have gotten together and formed our own little support group. We try to meet when we can to walk and talk. I live in the next town over from you. If you would like to meet let me know. I am flexible on time. Now that the weather is hopefully getting better, we have been trying to walk outdoors. You are welcome to join us. Not sure when the next walk will be. We sort of play it by the weather. Let me know how your schedule is during the week or if weekends are better. Chat soon, Clare
CRISTA2013
on 4/30/07 5:06 am - Middleton, MA
Hi Clare. Thanks for responding. That sounds great. My schedule is kind of crazy now. I'm available in the early evening and Sundays until I get back to work. Why don't you let me know when the next time will be and hopefully I will be able to meet with you all. I haven't really met other people who have had this surgery so this would be a nice experience for me. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Julie
joslyn1106
on 4/30/07 5:53 am - lowell, MA
Julie, The group I go to is a couple of different ones. Once a month they have a topic meeting such as "reading labels", "stage 3, what do I eat now", etc... Then they also have post-op for lap-band and another one post-op for gastric bypass. Which surgery did you have? How has it been going? I had mine on the 9th of April. I lost 9 lbs and maybe another 2 lbs since I got home from the hospital. I haven't lost the LOADS of weight I kept reading about. How about you? On the 7th I go for my one month check and I will be VERY surprised if I get to 15 pounds. That sure seems low.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views