Dr. Miguel Burch

KelleyMac
on 4/27/07 8:23 am - South Shore, MA
Has anyone seen him? I finally got my referrel... I really wanted to see Dr. Hess since everyone has such wonderful things to say about him... but he's scheduling 2-3 months out so the girl at my PCP (who knows the girl that schedules for Dr. Hess) suggested that I see Dr. Burch. He is joining Dr. Hess' practice in Quincy and has been at Boston Medical Center with him for quite some time. She says that he is really good ... and quite good looking too ... which oddly, makes me a little aprehensive about him . Anyway I have looked all over here for info on him but there is next to nothing. Anyone have any input? I have an appointment with him on May 11 ... which sure as heck beats waiting until July.
mamascherubs
on 4/27/07 5:35 pm
hi, i hadmysurgury9/12/06 Dr. Hess was my surgeon. I havehad consultations andhe followed up with me alongwith Dr. hess . he is a very nice Dr. he is also has a great reputationas a surgeon. I wish you the bestof luck. he seems wonderful and caring. good luck
Stellabella
on 4/30/07 10:11 pm
I know him from working with him. He is great. I think you will like him. Remember, you need to feel comfortable with your surgeon, so you always have options. He is an excellent surgeon but also has a great personality much like Dr. Hess, which I think "adds" to the attractiveness of him because he is very kind and caring. Im not sure "good looking" would be my defining characteristic of him, since his surgical skills and patient care are top notch, but I'm married to a blonde. stella B
KelleyMac
on 5/1/07 8:36 pm - South Shore, MA
Thanks to both of you, your comments definitely make me feel much better about this!
BradysGirl12
on 5/2/07 11:21 am - Boston, MA
I was just curious, how long did it take you to make an appoint with Dr. Burch? I have my initial consultation with Dr. Hess this week and it did take about 2 months. Thanks!
KelleyMac
on 5/3/07 6:04 am - South Shore, MA
Leslie... the girl from my PCP's office handled it all for me but she said... "I can get you in to see Dr. Hess sometime around July 1 or I can get you in to see Dr. Burch May 11". This was last week so you can either wait 2 - 3 months for Dr. Hess (and I understand why some people do ) or you can wait 2 weeks to see Dr. Burch, who I am being told is just as nice and an exceptional surgeon.
BradysGirl12
on 5/3/07 11:22 am - Boston, MA
Wow! I wish I knew that...but my PCP wanted me to go to Dr. Hess so I feel confident in her decision! Good luck!
April R.
on 5/5/07 4:44 am - plymouth, MA
I had Hess too.. but I do remember Dr. Burch as being completely and utter gorgeous.. so much so that I almost fell off the waiting table when he came into the room instead of Hess.. he was filling in for Hess for one of my post-op appointments.. so yeah.. he's just that good looking.. and wonderfully nice and skilled to boot.. I thought he was great the time that I had met him April R
Nancy K.
on 5/7/07 12:31 am - Quincy, MA
I'm a new member here looking for info and came accross your question. Dr. Burch performed a hernia operation on my son (30) last fall. Because of my sons disabilities I went to some of his appoinments with him. I found Dr. Burch to be attentive, personable and very knowledgeable. While entering the hospital months later to visit a friend Dr. Burch approached me and asked how my son was doing. Personality and concern, not traits I have found to be common among surgeons. If I decide to move on in this journey I will be choosing Dr. Burch.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views