Tired, Tired,Tired.....

fooseberry
on 4/23/07 11:31 am - E Falmouth, MA
I am between 10 and 11 weeks out and feeling tired. I expected this but closer to the surgery. I upped my vitamin intake from 1x to 2x a day per my nutritionist but still feel dragging. I have not been walking as I am so tired. People keep telling me that I have 2 kids and work full time but I thought I was losing all the weight to have more energy. I have lost 58lbs since surgery and 76 lbs since 11/06 at program start. I have been keeping track of eating on fitday.com and I seem to be getting all my vitamins and eating about 750-900 cal a day. I try to avoid carbs and am sugar free except natural sugar in fruit and milk. I still am caffeine free also. I am looking for any info- I am exhausted and could take a nap right now but stuck at wor****il midnight. Looking for anyones expert opinion- Thanks a Million Jennifer 306/230/165
Joanne N.
on 4/23/07 9:58 pm
I was complaining about being tired to my surgeon and he told me to eat dill pickles. The sodium gives you energy. I did it and it worked.. Good luck! Joanne
DDBEAR458
on 4/23/07 10:01 pm - WORCESTER, MA
wow girl. i just want to say that you look great!!! i feel tired too. i'm about three months out. im going tomorrow for my three month check up. i think it's because of the damn rain and crappy weather we've been having except this past weekend. i have two kids and i also work full time. i started walking before the weather got crappy but then stopped. now i can't seem to get back. i'm 44 years old. it's tough. i don't know how old you are but for me, im not young anymore. weekends come and i don't have enough time just to do what needs to be done. monday comes and i'm whipped. just keep plugging along. im on the coffee now. just one in the morning does the trick. i go to DD every morning and get a blueberry coffee with milk and equal.
reggaedj
on 5/1/07 1:40 am - Cape Cod, MA
I just wanted to say HI!!!! Jen!!!!! I felt like that at about 2 weeks post op...but then my energy came back. I've been going to the gym almost every day, and that seems to keep me going. You're farther out than I am, though, so I wonder if I'll get hit with the energy loss when I get to your point. I hope not!! I hope we get to see each other again at another support group meeting, I really enjoyed talking with you a few weeks ago. Take care and I hope you feel energized soon! Cathie
KelleyMac
on 5/1/07 8:56 pm - South Shore, MA
WOW! Your at the gym already and your only 2 weeks out ?? Everything I have read so far has said to wait 4-6 weeks before doing anything other than walking. Congratulations!
reggaedj
on 5/1/07 10:41 pm - Cape Cod, MA
No, I am 8 weeks out now, but what I said was that I felt the same way Jen does when I was 2 weeks out. I guess fatigue at 2 weeks out is pretty common from what I've heard from others. I think I went back to the gym at about 3 or 4 weeks out.
M M
on 5/4/07 10:24 am
Hi Cathie!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs