Appt with Dr. Edward Mun :help:

racha_mahmoud
on 4/19/07 10:38 am
Has anyone met Dr. Edwarn mun in boston, ma.??? Im just wondering if he is a good doctor..Ive heard some good things and read alot online about him...But I wanna know 100%:) im chose the lap band...By the way thanks rasha
stephanie1977
on 4/19/07 8:07 pm - Roxbury, MA
I have a friend who had the lap band done by him. She is not compliant with alot of the things you have to do to be successful. She called me crying one day saying that he berated her and told her he doesn't know why he gave her the lap band. She said that he made her feel small and awful and she is scared to death to go back to him. Granted it is her fault that she is not successful but he should not talk to his patients like that. Another friend had a different WLS done by him and she said the same thing if you are not compliant, he gets very angry and he lets you know it. Just a word from one who knows.
racha_mahmoud
on 4/20/07 3:02 am
thanks for ur reply...i really dont have a choice to change my doctor. cuz i just got my referal to see him...i have to attend this orientation first...in May so, i hope my surgery will be scheduled very soon after the meeting with him... i am wondering did ur friend loose any weight at all?? if so..how long did it take her one more question...at which hospital did he do the surgery..Falukner hospital?? my problem is that i dont have motivation from anyone...and i need that cuz i cant do it by myself...my husband is overweight too so it doesnt really help:) i need someone to put me in my place especially if i dont loose weight...and i think a doctor like that will be tough enough for me:) thanks again rasha
stephanie1977
on 4/20/07 8:31 pm - Roxbury, MA
Like I told you SHE was not compliant with the doc's orders. She had hers done at the Faulkner. I had my surgery done at Lawence Memorial in Medford by Dr. Sheldon Randall. He is the best. And he does lap band as well. We had a joint support meeting in December and I was astonished at how well the lap band patients did. But it is all in the mind and heart. If you are ready to do this then let nothing stand in your way. But if you have reservations like for example you really are not ready to say goodbye to the food or you are not ready to make some sacrafices like limit quantities and things like that then wait, because unless you are totally committed mind, heart and soul you will not succeed. Best of luck and keep in touch. Stephanie
debro28
on 4/23/07 10:05 am - Chelsea, MA
Hi Rasha, He did my RY gastric last aug. and he was great and very professional. I know that for a surgeon it's frustrating if the patient its not following the rules. and some people might view that as him being rude. he's been great to me and a few of my friends who had him also. I'm a nurse and I can tell you his that best you can have. good luck Debra
Taska
on 5/19/07 1:20 am - Boston, MA
Hi Racha I had my surgery April 9 and Dr Mun was my surgeon HE WAS EXCELLENT ..he is very kind and professional and understanding..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views