Dr. Hess....initial consultation

BradysGirl12
on 4/19/07 12:36 am - Boston, MA
Whooo! I'm getting excited for my initial consult with Dr. Hess at Quincy Medical Center. Does anyone who has gone through Dr. Hess know how the initial consult goes? Is it an all day appointment like I have heard from other centers? I am a student and I am just trying to figure out if I have to miss a class. Thanks! I haven't been here for awhile, but I have been checking past posts and everyone looks great!!! Congratulations!
Lauryn
on 4/19/07 3:08 am - Abington, MA
Meg, You are going to absolutely love him, honest!! However, don't expect to get in at the actual appointment time - bring a good book - he spends as much time with each patient as they need, so appointments tend to run very late. It's like sitting and chatting with a new best friend! It only took about an hour, for the actual consult, but that was because he was reading my mind and giving me the answers before I even finished my thought, let alone spoke it. Please let me know how it goes. Are you going to BMC or QMC for your appointment? I am so happy for you! My surgery is next Tuesday and the time has flown by so quickly! God Bless, Laurie
BradysGirl12
on 4/19/07 7:11 am - Boston, MA
Oh wow...congratulations! Thats soo soon you must be excited! I am going to QMC for my appointment. Is the initial consult just with Dr. Hess? I heard at other places you go through psyc and a nutrionist, etc. I'm just trying to prep myself, I like to know everything before I go! haha
Lauryn
on 4/20/07 6:53 am - Abington, MA
Hi Meg, I went to QMC for mine, too! I only met with Dr. Hess on the first consult, then his office manager sent me a list of other consults, tests, etc. with dates & times. The nutritionist and psych are in BMC. Things change, though, so your schedule may differ from mine. They are all so nice and willing to work around your needs, so if a date or time is not good, call and they will reschedule. A lot of the medical tesing was all done in one day at QMC - expect to be exhausted when they're done with you! I almost fainted on the breathing technician, but he took it all in stride and let me lie down untill the room stopped spinning. Probably from all the bloodwork and then having to hyperventilate into his machine, but I was fine, just exhasuted. Please keep in touch. My home email is [email protected]. God Bless, Laurie
marieh
on 4/20/07 9:50 am - So. Easton, MA
Hess is wonderful, supportive, kind, listens to you AND any supportive family member who tags along. My appointment was about an hour long at QMC, and I think he might have run a bit late. If you can get an early appt. that might help your class schedule. Let us know what you think of him!! He's really wonderful!! My file was sent to my insurance company, but I've no idea when the approval will come through...I've already done the six months of appts. for Cigna, and today is one week that my last appt. was completed. His team is truly great, and Ellen, his scheduling coordinator told me he's never has a patient NOT be approved by insurance. I just wish they'd cut me some slack since I have no patience! Marie
BradysGirl12
on 4/23/07 6:31 am - Boston, MA
Great Thanks for the support! I'll let everyone know how it goes Friday!!! Wish me luck!
KelleyMac
on 4/24/07 11:19 am - South Shore, MA
Hi Meg, All I have heard is good things about Dr. Hess. I am STILL waiting for my PCP to get the referral over to his office so I c an make my appointment for my initial consult and get things moving. How long did it take to get your appointment? I am wondering if I am going to have to wait until the summer time to even get in to see him. Good luck Friday and please let me know how it went, etc. so I know what to look forward to. Kelley
BradysGirl12
on 4/27/07 4:47 pm - Boston, MA
Hi Kelley, It took about 2 months to get an initial consultation. I'll let you know how everything goes after that. I have found QMC to be easier to work with than BMC. Good Luck! Meg
April R.
on 5/5/07 9:15 am - plymouth, MA
You are in great hands with Dr. Hess.. isn't he a dream boat.. hehe!!! He's actually prescribed me a mini-triathalon that I am doing in June.. I'm about 16months post-op and doing wonderfully with no complications.. Dr. Hess's team is great too!!! Good luck to you and your pre-op shtuff.. let me know if you have any specific questions April R
mayberry1182
on 5/18/07 2:35 am
Three of my friends have had surgery with him. Nothing but GREAT things to report. Congradulations. We have a support group meeting on June 2nd if you would like to join.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views