Did I jeopardize my surgery?! Help!

Gonna Be A Skinny Lady
on 4/16/07 11:39 am
Wednesday is my six week checkup since my inital consult. Its a weight check in to make sure I have been trying to lose a couple pounds... however, since I got my date, I have been in mourning of food and last supper mode and I doubt I have lost any weight, I've probably gained some! Also I am due for my TOM so I also thinking that will add water weight (it always does for me)... I hope my surgeon won't be upset with me for being on the wrong track. Can somebody give some advice how to get on the right track?!!
DDBEAR458
on 4/16/07 9:49 pm - WORCESTER, MA
What the heck is a TOM? I know Partridge is more strict that Gazmuri so I can't give any advice on her but don't beat yourself up! It will all work out.
KatKat
on 4/17/07 2:09 am
Don't panic, but try to get on the right track now. You will have several more visits before your surgery date. I went to my consult in Nov and Dr P wouldn't schedule me til I had made some changes. I went back in Dec - same weight - and she scheduled me for March. I went back in Jan and had gained 4 lbs. Dr P was stuck in surgery so I saw Dr Gaz and he gave me a lecture. Went back in Feb and lost the 4 lbs. Went on March 1 for pre-op and I had gained 7 LBS! (in less than 2 weeks!) luckily no doc was in the office - it was a Thurs and my surgery was the following Monday morning but I sweated it out thinking maybe they would cancel. They didn't but everytime we look at my "starting weight" I have to remind them that I was heavier on surgery day (embarassing). I found it incredibly hard to stick to a diet prior to surgery. Keep trying! And remember that it gets much much easier after surgery because you're not hungry! Good luck tomorrow ~ Kathleen
Gonna Be A Skinny Lady
on 4/17/07 6:59 am
So, I weighed my self at home today and I weight the same as I did at my first consult... so hopefully it is compareable to the office scale. Thanks for the info Kathleen, I am already scheduled for July so I do still have approx 10 weeks to go. Its so hard to stick to a diet, although I am exercising. PS TOM is time of month =)
Ashley78986
on 4/18/07 4:55 am - MA
I thought the same thing before my last check up... and I will think the same thing again with my next check up. Last time, I lost 7 lbs... go me. But this time, we added easter into the mix... candy everywhere!!! lol. But I was so concerned I went out and bought a Tanita scale (they are supposed to be really accurate) so that I could keep track and be prepared for what my weight will be when I have the next check up. Im also going out tonight and buying an eliptical. My next appointment is in a week and a half. But I definitely know how your feeling. I've been feeling the same way. Try to stay strong with the diet. I am always telling myself, that eating anything is ok in moderation. so if I feel like having a slice of pizza, I have a slice of pizza, it just cant be all the time. Every little change helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views