HELP!

lburns147
on 4/16/07 8:31 am
I've been doing the program for about 1 year now, and the last and toughest hurdle for me has been to lose the minimal amount of weight required by the nutritionist and behavorial psychologist before referring me to the surgeon. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me overcome this hurdle? I have a meeting with the behavorial psychologist in about 3 1/2 weeks, and everytime I turn around, I'm sabotaging all my efforts. Help! Lori
Lauryn
on 4/18/07 6:33 am - Abington, MA
Hi Lori, I know what you mean about sabotaing yourself! That was the vicious circle I had been in for a long time. But when I had my nut. consult, I told him that the only diet that I ever had any success on was a protein sparing fast and that was what i wanted to do for my pre-op. He loked shocked, but agreed. That was 12/15/06 and I am happy to report that I have lost 40 pounds since then, toward my surgery next Tuesday! It's a lot like the Atkins diet - no carbohydrates at all, at first no vegeyables, either. Just lots of meat, egg substitute, chicken (skinless) and fish (including the yummy stuff like shrimp). I tell you it works! I was never hungry, hardest part is getting the 64 oz of water down every day. Remember this pre-op weight loss is not only to show them that you are serious about changing, but to make your liver smaller so it is easier/safer for the surgeon to do your surgery. The other benefits that I've gotten are being able to button my raincoat all the way down (it's been years!), moving the car seat forward a notch and not having it rip at my gut, being able to walk faster without huffing & puffing, getting off BP meds... See? It is worth it, even if the first day is hard, you can do anything for just one day, right? So each morning, I'm just doing it for today. If I can do it, so can you. God doesn't give us more than He knows we can handle, so who are we to doubt His wisdom, eh? God Bless, Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views