Hysterectomy after lap-band surgery; problems eating

BlueJeansMom
on 4/6/07 7:57 am
I had lap band surgery back in November. Last month I was diagnosed with uterine cancer and had a complete hysterectomy three weeks ago. (Yes, that's two major surgeries in four months). Ever since the surgery, my ability to eat and digest food has been all out of whack. My lap band seems so tight now that the tiniest bite gets stuck and causes the worst pain. It seems to be getting worse. This doesn't happen all the time, which perplexes me. Sometimes I can eat just fine. Also, my bowels always seem to be grinding and churning all the time. I have diarrhea cramping a great deal of the time. I'm not sure which doctor to call... my WLS surgeon or my GYN surgeon! Anyone have any experience with abdominal surgery AFTER lap band?
Denise R.
on 4/12/07 2:55 am - Dracut, MA
I'd call your WLS and let them know. It might be because of the air used to expand your belly (was your hyst done with a lap?) or due to some intra-abdominal swelling. I'd just back up your diet for a few days- try soft and pureed foods and see if things settle down, but I'd definitely let the WLS team know about it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views