i think i'm a failure

DDBEAR458
on 4/2/07 8:23 am - WORCESTER, MA
Well, i am 12 weeks out and i have lost about 40 pounds. i've heard some people say that the pouch is different on different days and i do agree with that. sometimes i have absolutely no appetite and others im hungry all day!!!! i have had NO problems eating anything. today i had a bite of a mocha brownie (OMG) and waited and i didn't get sick. then i ate another bite and still...nothing. i won't be doing that all the time, but now i feel like i'm doomed. no dumping for me at all. i wish i had dumping. isn't that weird?
mrstmc1958
on 4/2/07 9:09 am - Worcester County, MA
You are not a failure! I lost slowly at first...45 lbs at 16 weeks. I started walking and the weight started dropping significantly faster. Everyone loses differently so don't worry
KatKat
on 4/2/07 9:16 am
Deirdre, I don't think you're a failure. If you read the main board, most people talk about the same things you mentioned (not hungry one day, starving the next). As far as dumping goes, I wouldn't wi**** on my worst enemy. I wouldn't be eating mocha brownies if I were you... sounds like you're asking for trouble! One thing I have learned from my recent experience is that you can eat something one day and be fine, and the next day it's a whole different story! I know some look at dumping as a good thing, as it prevents you from eating the bad stuff, and it is. But it's a wretched feeling that scared the bejesus outta me. Instead of trying to eat the bad stuff why don't you try to focus on only eating the good stuff and filling up on that? Kathleen
Cher B.
on 4/2/07 10:15 am - MA
Deirdre, You have lost 40 pounds in 12 weeks. That is success...not failure! There is still a very good chance that you dump but maybe your threshold is a bit higher than two bites of something. You had posted that you had started walking after work...keep at it and forget you even sampled that brownie Take Care, Cher
Marianne978
on 4/2/07 1:36 pm - Metrowest, MA
Deirdre, Now you sound like me...always a worry wart...haha You are definatly not a failure..40lbs in 12 weeks is excellent! I know the feeling that you ate something and thought why didnt I get sick and damn! I am the same way, so far everything I have tried has agreed with me and I have even eaten a few things I am not suppose to...which as you know already worries me. A cousin in my family had this surgery 2 years ago and lost 90lbs total and she looks great, she said to me I can eat anything I ate before including a chocolate bar and she said she has been this way since the beginning but she has managed to maintain her weight and doesnt stress over one little bit of something...Its alot more work she says because she has to watch what she eats more closly BUT she did say she definatly can not eat as much as she did. She now understands what they mean by saying its a tool and you have to make it work and some it works all by it self. Look at the postive and how far you have come and you are not a failure! Move forward and forget about that damn evil brownie Email me anytime if you need to chat Marianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views