Back to work...Not losing as much

Marianne978
on 3/30/07 6:40 am - Metrowest, MA
I have a question....I had my surgery on March 5th which is about 3/12 weeks ago. I started back at work this week. Since my surgery I have lost 22lbs from my pre-op weight....I walk about 4-5 times a week and I think i am eating pretty good. My problem is the past 5 days my weight has remained the same, is that normal? All along I had been losing about a 1lbs a day and now I feel like maybe i am eating to much or maybe not enough? Any suggestions or advice? Marianne
nsb1010
on 3/30/07 1:13 pm
I have not had the surgery yet, but from reading other posts I think it is normal. I think your body has adjustment periods. Like now your metabolism has probably gotten used to you eating less so it goes along with it. But from what I have read this stall is just short lived. and also From what I have read no one has only lost 22 lbs. Don't fret. Take care, Nicole
DDBEAR458
on 3/30/07 10:22 pm - WORCESTER, MA
hi marianne!!!! you are doing excellent. i think you too obsessed right now with the weight loss and getting on the scale. STOP. i can get like that too and i hate it. i got on the scale last week and i WAS UP TWO pounds. how did that happen? well, i've changed some things. no more cream with my coffee (yes, i had cream, it was my only indulgence) and i only had one cup a day. then i started walking this week (im so proud of myself). on tuesday i came home from work and i was DETERMINED to go. i phsched myself up all day. i came home and went directly upstairs to change. i was gone for 40 minutes! i did the same thing the rest of the week. i think it comes out to about 1 1/2 miles. hey, it's better than nothing. i've been walking fast and trying to job (yea, right). my kids are so embarrassed. the gravity does take over. but as i was saying. i decided that the scale was not my friend. it never has been. plus i don't go to the bathroom every day either, if you know what I mean. so i think that had something to do with it. now im just going along every day. i will let the doctor weigh me. so don't beat yourself up! keep on going. write me anytime.
jereyes
on 3/30/07 11:45 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
Hi Marianne Congratulations on your weight loss. You are doing fine. I did not own a scale in the begining. I just went by the doctor's scale on my appointment days. I know it is hard to stay off the scale but try or try to weigh yourself once a week on the same day and time. As I am in maintaince mode now I do weigh myself everyday before I get in the shower. Your body right know is trying to catch up with your new eating and exercise routines. It is common to have a short stall around 3-4 weeks. You will have a few stalls during your weight loss journey. I had a major stall at 9 months thinking my weight loss was over. It lasted a good two months then the weight loss started up again. Keep up the good work!
sbard
on 4/1/07 11:49 pm - west brookfield, MA
Marianne, Thanks for the posting. I am experiencing the same thing. I had my surgery on 2/26 and have lost 26 lbs. I am thrilled as I am also almost off all prescriptions for my type 2 diabetes also. So as far as Iam concerned the surgery was a GREAT success. I think mybody has figured out how to work with only approx 500 calories a day. And I seem to be stalled with the weight loss. I need a little jump start right now too! I guess it is good to know that we are not alone! Keep the faith! Sue
Bariatric Bella
on 4/2/07 6:37 am - Dayton, OH
RNY on 11/02/05 with
You are doing great. Your body will go through this from time to time. It is taking a break fromt he massive loss it has just gone through. Give it a few more days adn you will start dropping again. Plus if you are more active you will be building muscle which does weigh. Youare doing fine AMy
KatKat
on 4/2/07 9:20 am
Hi Marianne, I think it is completely normal. I lost 16 lbs at 11 days out then the scale didn't move for several days. I think I've lost 20 now but I don't worry about it too much. Reading the main board helps as it seems every day someone posts "My weight hasn't changed in xx days... am I done losing?" and the answer is always no! Congrats on getting back to work. I can't imagine going back yet, I'm so tired and dizzy. I am nervous about adding foods after Thursday. See you at the doc's office. Kathleen
Marianne978
on 4/2/07 1:41 pm - Metrowest, MA
Thank you everyone for your support....you know when first got into this website I thought "psss I dont need support" haha and now I see how wonderful and responsive everyone is and it truly makes me feel better so thank you So an update to my weight now moving....what I realized after was the I hadnt had a BM in a while...well needless to say it moved over the weekend and I swear to god I lost 4lbs...haha which made me feel better. Thank you again everyone for your responses and for easing my mind. Marianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views