New here!!

gineseam22484
on 3/29/07 2:20 pm - Auburn, MA
Hello! Have been lurking for a long while and just wanted to say hello to everyone! I am the program at UMASS in Worcester, Ma; not happy with the program but love the DR! Anyone have any advice before surgery?? Hope to start posting regularly and make friends!!! ~Amanda
amykic
on 3/30/07 2:26 am - spencer, MA
Hello, I am going through the Umass program too. This Tuesday coming up is the day I meet with the surgeon. I am seeing Dr. Czerniach, I choose him because he did my cousins surgery. The program was long, but I learned alot. Nice to meet people who are going through the same program. Did you have to loose some weight before they would let you see the surgeon. I found that to be the hardest part...lol.
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/07 2:48 am - Zimbabwe
What surgery are you having? Lapband?
gineseam22484
on 3/30/07 5:10 pm - Auburn, MA
I am having Lapband, I think it is the best choice for me; plus my friend had it so I now know all the ins and outs of it. The hardest part for me wasn't losing the weight as I have already lost 10 ounds but it was keeping it off through two vacations and the stress of coming home and meeting with my surgeon the next day!! My goal is to lose 5 more pounds before my surgery! Here's to hoping I can do it! What surgeries are you 2 having??
amykic
on 3/30/07 10:19 pm - spencer, MA
I am having RNY, since I have so much weight to loose, this is the best way. I can't wait to start over to a healthy lifestyle!!! Good Luck
(deactivated member)
on 3/31/07 6:07 am - Zimbabwe
I'm having lapband on MONDAY!!!! I'm nervous. We are neighbors!!! I live in Grafton and work at UMASS!
Sharon C.
on 3/31/07 8:52 am - Worcester, MA
Hi Amanda, I've also been lurking for a while. Am going through the UMASS program as well. Surgery date is 4/23 with Dr.Czerniak. The program is long and sometimes seems like they are making you do unecessary things but now that I have my date I'm feeling it was worth it! My attitude going through the program was that I'll just do what they want so I can get what I want! Sharon
amykic
on 4/3/07 5:26 am - spencer, MA
Sharon, How long after you met with Dr. Czerniak did you get your date and how far in between was your meeting with him and your date. I just met with him today and now I just wait for the phone call. Good Luck. Amy
sunnymoonx
on 3/31/07 9:27 am - cape cod, MA
HI Amanda! Welcome to the group! I love it here. It's so informative and supportive!
Lesliee59
on 3/31/07 11:51 am - Needham, MA
Hi Amanda, Welcome and good luck on your upcoming surgery. Is your surgery scheduled yet? I had lapband last April. Keep asking questions. Leslie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views