Denied by insurance...

4stellamichelle
on 3/27/07 10:40 am - NH
Hi, Just heard back from my surgeon's office, I was denied. I am disappointed but not giving up. Please hold a seat on the losers bench for me. I will get there, it just may take me a bit. bummed, but not giving up! StellaMichelle
kellykins74
on 3/27/07 2:42 pm - ware, MA
I'm sorry that you got denied, but good for you , not giving up. I'll keep a seat for you. and good luck with your battle with the insurance. Some insurance co.s just deny you the first time to see if you are really serious about the operation, so keep trying, also if you don't get anywhere with that try changing your insurance co. if possible. I've read people doing that, too
4stellamichelle
on 3/30/07 10:20 am - NH
Thanks, I appreciate the words of encouragement. I have heard that Cigna does deny first time around to see if you are serious. They won't get rid of me this easy!! I don't see myself changing insurance companies....as my employer only offers one insurance option at least at this time. Maybe eventually they'll change... StellaMichelle
txbunny930
on 3/27/07 8:46 pm - MA
I've been denied twice by my insurance company and appealed both times and finally won. Don't give up. I know how frustrating this can be and how disappointed it all is. Just get yourself back on track, call your insurance company and have them be specific as to what the denial was for and do what you need too to get approved. Ask the insurance company to assign you a Case Manager to assist you. You can do that. Good luck. Bunny
4stellamichelle
on 3/30/07 10:23 am - NH
Thanks for the advice, I have received a phone call from a case manager today,,, friday,,,so I need to wait till monday to reach her, but I contacted our HR dept and they seem to support me. I was just hoping to keep this more private (ha!) as I type this on a website!
LoriS12959
on 3/27/07 11:13 pm - Western, MA
We had a discussion about insurance denial in my support group, as well as with my dietician. Always appeal, just like everyone else recommended!! Also, one of the girls advised that when she was denied, the insurance gal in the surgeon's office called the insurance company and supplied them with further information that clinched the approval. My dietician advised me that usually any denials will be based on not enough documentation of issues, such as diabetes, knee or back problems, asthma,etc. Keep trying!!!
4stellamichelle
on 3/30/07 10:26 am - NH
Thanks, I will appeal, and document!!
Fairymist Steffan
on 3/27/07 11:45 pm - Westford, MA
Hello Stella, I'm sorry to hear that you are having insurance problems. I had to change insurance companies just so I could have my surgery. So don't give up. Try finding out if you do need more info to submit to insurance company or if you just need to appeal. I wish you well. Alees
4stellamichelle
on 3/30/07 10:28 am - NH
Thanks, I won't give up. I dont see changing insurance as an option at this point. though...do plan to Appeal!
Lynnzie22
on 3/28/07 2:58 am - MA
So sorry you were denied. Seems as though we are going through the same program. i just met Dr. Ferguson, i chose him over dr hutter because hes been practicing longer but i think they are equally great! Dont get discouraged please, i was told its seldom ppl get denied after an appeal unless its for medical reasons or whatever. anyway i will cross my fingers for you and if ya wanna chat [email protected] my name is Lynnzie nice to meet ya
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views