Dr. Kruger?? anyone???

MUNCHKIN22
on 3/26/07 10:28 pm - MA
Hi Everyone. I just had my first meeting with Dr Kruger and got the go ahead for the rest of everything. He said about 4 months until surgery. Has anyone else had him and is that a realistic time frame? Also if you had him what was he like as a surgeon?? THanks!
sunnymoonx
on 3/27/07 1:12 am - cape cod, MA
Kelly I just emailed you!
reggaedj
on 3/27/07 3:10 am - Cape Cod, MA
Hi Kelly, I had Dr K, and let me tell you, He is wonderful!!! 4 months pretty accurate, too. I went to my informational meeting on Nov 7th and had surgery on Feb. 28th... I have no regrets at all. Dr. K and his staff really care about their patients. You are in good hands, and believe me , it will be worth all the appointments and work you have to do beforehand. The time will fly by, trust me. Good Luck!
MUNCHKIN22
on 3/27/07 3:14 am - MA
thank you for your response. How are you doing? I see you're only 1 month out. I'm hoping that I can go quickly. four months now seems so far away but I'm sure when the day gets here I'm going to feel like it flew by.
reggaedj
on 3/27/07 3:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
Im doing great. I feel good, I've joined a gym and Im working out regularly. So far Im down 12.5 lbs (last time I checked), which Im told is average. I thought I would lose faster, but everybody is telling me that this is average. I've never had any nausea, havent thrown up once since surgery, and have not had a single problem. I wish I had done this sooner!! Best of luck to you.
fooseberry
on 3/27/07 8:13 am - E Falmouth, MA
Hi- I had surgery with Dr Kruger 7 weeks ago tomorrow and I would suggest him to any and all that asked. I will admit my first meeting with him was short and I was a little put off but as I progressed though the program I found it to be great. It is one of the most complete programs too. Expect somewhere between 10-15 appointments before surgery and the time varies by how well you can fit those appointments into your life. I work evenings so I did not have to change any appointment they booked for me. You will be speaking to the psychologist, nutritionist and nurses in his office regularly.They are all great. Also they are in regular contact with each other so you don't get lost in the shuffle. I would say the time estimate is about right. I had surgery 3 months to the day of the information meeting - Info meeting was 11/7 and had my surgery 2/7 but he said at that meeting that the number of people interested is growing at a fast rate. We had approximately 20 people in that meeting and I believe he said usually it was about half that many. I have not had any problems- I have only vomited once and that was due to me rushing while eating( You really should take your time when eating). I had to lose 17 lbs before surgery and have lost 40 since surgery so I am down a whopping 57 lbs!!!! It is like a dream I can not remember weighing this amount in years. I thought it should come off faster too in the beginning but before you know it the numbers keep growing and you realize it is adding up fast. My best advice is to follow everything they tell you to do because that will guarantee your best success. Write to me anytime you would like- Jennifer 306/288/248/175??? begin wgt/surgery day/current/goal(at the most)
MUNCHKIN22
on 3/27/07 9:33 am - MA
Thank You for replying jennifer. All I can say is I hope I do as well as both of you! I am so ready for this step amd you both seem so positive after such a short time. These next four months are gonig to drag!!!!!!!
reggaedj
on 3/28/07 3:07 am - Cape Cod, MA
You may think time will drag...but believe me, it will be surgery time before you know it!!
on 3/28/07 7:24 pm - south dartmouth, MA
Hi kELLY, I HAD MY SURGERY ON 10/3/6 AND IT IS THE BEST THING I EVER DID DR KRUGER AND HIS STAFF OUR WONDERFUL AND IT TOOK ABOUT 4 MONTHS TO GET THROUGH THE PROCESS IT WILL GO BY QUICKLEY. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS JUST EMAIL AND GOOD LUCK
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/07 3:26 pm
Kelly, I had surgery with Dr. Kruger on 11/2/05. I am a nurse and thoroughly researched all the options available in Massachusetts. I have friends/collegues that worked with him and had surgery with him. For another nurse to tell me that she trusted his surgical skill was quite impressive, as we tend to be VERY CRITICAL of doctors, especially surgeons. (they tend to have the biggest egos) The program that he has developed and nurtured himself is one of the most comprehensive around. The pre-op requirements as well as the post op support and followup are superior. The time frame is honest, mostly delayed by the insurance company. I met with him the middle of August and had surgery in November. I could have gone a month earlier, but my insurance changed in the middle of my pre-op workup. The office staff as well as the nutritionist and the psychologists will give you great guidance and support. I have never regretted my decision and have the utmost professional respect for Dr.Kruger's skill as a surgeon. If you have any other questions feel free to email me. Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views