Hospital

amykic
on 3/20/07 8:39 am - spencer, MA
What should I pack for the hospital?
KellyMASS
on 3/20/07 8:56 am - MA
I have asked this question before and was told : socks underwear night clothes slippers clothes to wear home .. but many people wear home what they wore in chap stick nasal spray.. the air is dry in the hospital tooth brush and paste disc man/ipod magazines and a pillow from home ... if I can think of anything else I was told i'll add it ~Kelly
amykic
on 3/20/07 9:10 am - spencer, MA
Thank you for the help!!!!
Jeana W.
on 3/20/07 10:16 am - Cambridge, MA
I brought all kinds of stuff but the only things I ended up using were my slippers and my panties. The one thing I didn't bring that I could have used was a list of all of my medications and the doses. I was repeatedly asked for this info and wasn't sure about one of them. Hope this helps...
Pam M.
on 3/20/07 12:34 pm - Western, MA
I'd include a robe. I walked around holding my johnny around me (it was mighty big) but it would have been nice to not think about it. If you or your family is planning on making any long distance phone calls, be sure to bring a phone card too since cell phones are a big no-no. If you're vampirish like me, and hate light while you're sleeping, bring a sleep mask. I napped alot during the day and eventually got a roommate so had to deal with their light/TV etc.
amykic
on 3/20/07 1:04 pm - spencer, MA
Thanks, this is a big help!!!
KristineMarie
on 3/21/07 7:11 am - Townsend, MA
My key things were chapstick, nasal spray and maxi pads. The surgery made me start my cycle and the hospital ones are nasty.
sbard
on 3/26/07 3:07 am - west brookfield, MA
Hi Amy, I packed a small shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrush, brush and slippers- that was about it. I wore flannel pants and a t-shirt in and wore the same stuff home. You are better off using the johnnies they give you as you have a drain in place until they tell you that you will be going home. Why take a chance in getting junk on your own clothes. I had surgery one month ago today. Good Luck, Sue
lauries03
on 4/10/07 12:15 pm
VSG on 03/03/15
Maybe it was just me....but pack really loose, comfortable, very stretchy, elastic waist pants. My stomach was swollen and I had to have my husband bring another pair from home so I would be comfortable. Also, I had a hard time tying shoes and putting on socks, bring shoes you can just slip into. You don't want to bend over much. Hope this helps
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views