Throwing up!!!

mdepina925
on 3/19/07 11:38 pm - New Bedford, MA
Hi ALL, My name is Melinda. I had LapBand surgery on 11/10/06 at NEMC my surgeon was Dr. Julie Kim. I'm 4 months out. When i started the program i was 259lbs and as of yesterday I am 210lbs. I went for my 2nd fill on Feb.5th well after my 1st fill I felt fine I can eat no chicken though but i could eat anything else. Now that I had my 2nd fill i'm having a hard time with solids. Has anyone ever expierence this? Is this because i'm not chewing my foods or maybe i'm just too tight. Thank you. Melinda d. LB 11/10/06 259/248/210/175
Lesliee59
on 3/20/07 12:49 am - Needham, MA
Hi Melinda, I think I answered you on the NEMC Lapbdogs site. I also had a lapband with Dr. Kim. Are you throwing up or are you sliming? Do you get that stuck feeling? Remember that once you have gotten to a certain point of restriction, you might not be able to eat the things you ate before the previous fill. If you feel like you are too tight then you should call NEMC. I had surgery almost a year ago and am just now starting to know what, when and where I can eat certain things. It's just a lot of trial and error. You have to feel comfortable. Some people like to feel tight and some don't. Maybe if you had a tiny bit taken out, you would do better with the food. Dr Kim does not want you throwing up and sliming all the time. Give them a call. Let me know what happens. Leslie
(deactivated member)
on 3/20/07 5:27 am - Zimbabwe
Hi Melinda. There are many wonderful, caring lap-banders on the OH lap-band forum. I know they will have answers for you. Good luck!
Madcow
on 3/25/07 8:11 pm - MA
The lapband is meant to work with solid foods, not liquids. If yo cant eat solids it is likely that you are too tight and should have some of your fill removed.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views