post-op back pain?

kellykins74
on 3/19/07 1:18 pm - ware, MA
Hi, My name is kelly, and I am 4Weeks post-op Laproscopic bypass. I am losing the weight pretty steadily. I started at 200lbs. the day of operation, and I am now 182lbs. But my back is killing me. I thought once I started losing the weight I would feel better, but mostly right now, My back is really sore, mostly in the middle. Has anyone else experienced this in the beginning?
Marianne978
on 3/21/07 4:10 am - Metrowest, MA
Hi Kelly...I am 16 days out and I also suffer from some back pain but it seems to only come when I have been on my feet to much..My doctor told me that I need to take it easy and relax and until 6-8 weeks I should limit excersize activity and that includes being on my feet for a long period of time. Not sure if this is the same for you but if not i would call your doctor.
kellykins74
on 3/21/07 1:43 pm - ware, MA
Hi marianne, thank you for responding. I thought my question was invisible or something. I actually had my Dr.s appt. today and he said my back pain could be because of the weight I already lost. I am 3 weeks post-op, and lost 22 lbs. already..which my body isn't used to losing that quick and so the fat that was around my back, that I lost, is now where the muscle was trying to hide. so, now the muscle needs to be worked on, since nothing else is holding my back. Hopefully that was helpful to you too. I also hope your new journey is going well. Take care, and thanks again
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views