failure.....

debbie3855
on 3/18/07 6:17 am - Havehill, MA
Well I am 2 years out and haven't lost what I wanted...i am still big. Has anyone had to have the operation done over...is this even possible?? i have an appointment with my surgeon the end of the month to see what can be done.........
DDBEAR458
on 3/18/07 8:10 am - WORCESTER, MA
debbie, i tried to read your profile but you have nothing to read. what type of surgery did you have? who did it? i've heard of DS but you'll have to go to that board. im so sorry to hear that your not happy. i think thats one of our greatest fears. we are so used to failing. good luck to you and i'm sending you hugs.
honeymoo
on 3/18/07 11:18 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
First I am sorry to hear that you are struggling. There is alot of info missing type of surgery, how much you originally lost, how much left that you want to lose etc. Everyone's goal is different, me I will still be considered overweight at my goal weight and I'm perfectly happy with that. Have you talked to your surgeon? I would start there maybe they can run some tests also you may also want to check out the revision board. Good Luck Gwen
Sidonia B.
on 3/22/07 8:14 am
i'm two years out too and i only lost sixty pounds. which i think is not alot, but he said i lost 44% of my body weight i went from a size 26 to a 16. i just a small fill today. i'm not losing as much as i wanted but you know what i'm still loosing and that's what counts. i work really hard at it.
bassnell15
on 3/24/07 9:23 am - Dorchester, MA
Hello I am 2 years out too and I have had lost 104lbs but now I have gained 22lbs back. I am very disappointed. I spoke to my surgeon about getting a revision done endoscopically but at BWH it is only being done on a trial bases and I have lost too much weight to participate in the study. It is suppose to become available to others in the next few months. I will speak with my surgeon about this next time I see him. I really don't want to get back to the person I was before the surgery so, I really have to do something. But, I hope you will have better success than I.
mayberry1182
on 5/18/07 2:42 am
I know exactly how you feel. I'm 4.5 years out and gain 52lbs during pregnancy. A few friends of mine have started a support group, would you like to join?
debbie3855
on 5/18/07 7:03 am - Havehill, MA
where is it that you meet?? I do need a support group but i have such a busy schedule.....But I am determined to make the time
mayberry1182
on 5/18/07 9:56 am
We meet in Pembroke (not sure how far that is from you) once a month on Saturday evening 5-6:30
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views