Leak or tear?

shelleyfitz
on 3/18/07 12:28 am - Hubbardston, MA
I was just wondering, how a person would know if their pouch has a leak or if they busted a staple or stitch on their pouch? Is there a certain pain they would feel? Vomitting? Thanks!
jereyes
on 3/18/07 1:19 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I was told by my surgeon that i would become very sick. I would have a fever and vomitting. I would also have noticed weight gain as well if the symptoms did not appear or did not last. I hope you are feeling okay.
DDBEAR458
on 3/18/07 1:43 am - WORCESTER, MA
hi shelly, i had gazmuri too. i had the same concerns as you and at my one week follow up i asked him about that. he said that there is no leak, that if there was a leak it would happen right away. you may want to call them anyway just to make sure. what kind of pain are you having? i remember i had weird pain like burning sensation. they said that was normal. call them, they're awsome there.
Lauryn
on 3/18/07 5:54 am - Abington, MA
Shelley, There is a girl in our support group who just had a leak between her pouch & old stomach repaired. She experienced severe hunger - to the point of fainting, weight gain and other complications. The only way they knew for sure what her problem was, showed up in an upper GI. She's 2 weeks out from her correction and feels fabulous. Like the others said, though - call your doctor with any concerns, that's what he's there for. God Bless, Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views