Food questions...

Marianne978
on 3/16/07 11:56 am - Metrowest, MA
I am 11 days out and I am a little concerned that i feel hungry. I getting my water in take of 32 oz in at the least. I feel like I dont feel full often. I eat a smoothie and then an hour later I am hungry again....Same thing if I eat a yogurt. I crave more solid substance. Is is possible my pouch is larger than 2 oz? am I being a worried wart? Just would like to know how others felt at this time. So far everythign I have tried has been ok with me...no vomitting or feeeling sick.
Clare C.
on 3/16/07 8:52 pm - North Andover, MA
Hi Marianne, I had my surgery on March 5th as well. I don't feel hungry at all but I did ask my doctor about that full feeling that people talk about and he said that when I do start of more solid food is when I will have those feelings. That on liquid it can flow thru the pouch more easily. My doctor wants be to get in at least 60 oz. of water and 60 grams of protein. I am still having a hard time doing that. So far I am down 19 pounds since the surgery. Everytime I get on the scale I am shocked about the weight that is coming off. Good luck and I am sure you will do fine. I can't wait to go on the stage diet. I hate drinking the protein but I get it down somehow..... Chat soon, Clare
DDBEAR458
on 3/17/07 3:59 am - WORCESTER, MA
im almost 9 weeks out and it's really weird. sometimes i can eat a whole half of a sandwich wrap then other times i can only eat one half of one half. does that make sense? i still do shakes in the morning for breakfast. it's easier for me. i like the Atkins ones or the LOW CARB Slim fast. those are a little hard to find. the south beach meal replacement bars are very good when your on that phase. my favorite thing early on and now is CHILE. it's all protein. i think i was like 12 days out and i just had to have a chile from Wendy's. i was scared but it went down and i didn't get sick. it was just enough. i told my doc and they said that it was alright.
DDBEAR458
on 3/18/07 5:42 am - WORCESTER, MA
me again. i just thought of something else that i ate early on. try 1/2 ripe banana and add some peanut butter. i swear it was the best banana i ever ate. ma****
Marianne978
on 3/18/07 8:16 am - Metrowest, MA
Doesnt sound that good but hey I will certainly try it. I dont know I for some reason thought I would feel overly stuffed with what I am already eating and of course when I listen to how others feel in my stage I am concerned maybe I am eating to much.
KatKat
on 3/19/07 10:19 am
OMG Deirdre, I just tried the banana and peanut butter today. YUM!!! It took me about an hour to eat it but it was decadent! Thanks for the tip! Kathleen
KatKat
on 3/18/07 7:08 am
Hi Marianne, It was great meeting you the other day. How's the hunger today? I was feeling overly stuffed and didn't want to eat much of anything last Thursday/Friday. I mentioned to Dr P that I had just started adding fiber (CVS brand - the kind you sprinkle into food and it has no taste/texture) to my shakes. She told me to stop doing this as it was too soon since surgery and that it was giving me a false full feeling. I don't want to be irresponsible and recommend fiber as a way to make you feel full when the doc said don't do it, but in a pinch..... I stopped adding the fiber and now feel that I can take in more food (but not that much... still not eating much and not hungry) I find oatmeal to be pretty filling, too. I bought the Weight Control maple & brown sugar and it's yummy and then I water it down w/skim milk which makes it creamier and adds protein. And I never ate oatmeal before surgery. Good luck and I'll see you on April 5! Kathleen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views