nuts!

Jeanette P.
on 3/15/07 10:06 am - Hyannis, MA
Just wondering if anyone knows when it's ok to have any kind of nuts after RNY. I have a hard time getting in my protein & the drinks and bars don't do me any good, so I've been looking into other foods that will help me out. Thanks! ~Jeanette
Joyce S.
on 3/15/07 9:29 pm - Dennis, MA
Hi Jeanette , At only a couple months out I'd be a bit apprehensive about adding nuts just yet. How about peanut butter ? You can get lower fat & sugar types. I'd also suggest trying more dairy foods like cottage cheese, yogurt and string cheese. All of those are available in lower sugars and fats .... I relied on them heavily , still do. Beef and Turkey Jerky is another good source of low fat high protein but you have to take into account it's high sodium content. Are you using any protein drinks to get in some of your needs ? On 89 Iyannough Rd is a store called Cape Cod Nutrition Corner - go give it a look see - they can help you find some things that'll work for you . We also go to a monthly support group that meets the second Thursday of every month at Cape Cod Hospital - in Hyannis. We'd love to have you join us.... Joyce Stewart
Joanne N.
on 3/16/07 5:21 am
Hi there, you and I had surgery on the same day. I've been eating cashews for about 2 weeks or so. Not many but still eating them. Hope this helps. xo Joanne
jereyes
on 3/16/07 6:42 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Hi Jaenette I started to eat cashews at about 4 weeks out with the nutritionists okay. Always check with your surgeon or nut. before starting with a questioning food since they all seem to have guidlines that vary some. Keep in mind you can only have a real small amount of nuts because they are high in fat and calories. There are also soy nuts as well. I have a package but have not tried them. People have said that they taste good. Janet
manchenton
on 3/19/07 12:46 am
I started eating almonds during my 4th week and it was a huge success. It satisfied salt cravings, made a great high protein mid-afternoon snack, and is good for me! Chew one at a time! Good Luck! Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views