OT: Bank screw up....

Katie R.
on 3/14/07 12:14 am - Marlborough, MA
SO me and my husband are really struggling right now with bills and money and all that stuff.... and have been praying for god to help us with out lives.... anyways... today i check my bank account online to see what my husbands check was like and the bank screwed up and deposited his check in twice... doubling our money in our account...im so torn i know this isnt the right thing to do but we need that money badly... what do u all think!!?!??! Its not like i did anything wrong they screwed up... right? maybe i just wont touch the money for a while and see if they notice... life works in mysterious ways...
Lesliee59
on 3/14/07 12:37 am - Needham, MA
Kaitlyn, The bank will most likely figure it out. Banks usually fnd their mistakes. If you use that money and then they figure out they deposited his check twice, you will owe that money to the bank. The last thing you want to do is owe the bank money that you don't have. I wouldn't touch the money. Just wait and see what happens. Leslie
DDBEAR458
on 3/14/07 1:59 am - WORCESTER, MA
hi kaitlyn...if it's any consolation, i think most people are struggling. i know we are. i actually got suspended from my job WITHOUT pay for three days. who knows what will happen when i go back Friday. Maybe i'll get fired. whenever we find money or if they screw up our paychecks, we think of that as a Gift From God, but if the bank deposited it twice, then the bank will definately find it.
reggaedj
on 3/14/07 2:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
I have been though some pretty rough financial times myself...but that shouldnt cause you to lose your ethics. If you know the money doesnt belong to you, how can you, in good conscience, keep it? The bank will realize their error, have no fear, and they will whisk that money right out of your acct.
KellyMASS
on 3/14/07 3:48 am - MA
I know it seems like a good thing .. but if you take it out the will make you pay it back ... we all need money .. I had to mortgage my house to have the money for the co-pay for surgery. Life isn't always easy .. but having to struggle makes us stronger ~Kelly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views