Gaining back weight

golfgirl
on 3/14/07 4:24 am - Ludlow, MA
I originally lost approx 23 pounds with the lap band surgery performed on 12/27/06. I am already gaining weight back. I don't feel filled though I did have a 1cc fill last week. How does one know when they have enough fill? Should the doc have inserted more? I feel hungry all the time now. How discouraging. Its seems like it was a waste of time and money.
KellyMASS
on 3/14/07 5:29 am - MA
I think there is a place to ask about lap band... that is one of the reasons i am doing the bypass... i haven't heard anything good about banding.
Texas Ghost Hunter
on 3/16/07 1:31 pm - Benbrook, TX
Nothing good? Really? Look at my progress, its been nothing but good for me.
KellyMASS
on 3/17/07 3:45 am - MA
I only know what i have read. for me I didnt want to have a "port" or a fill where I would have to go to the doctor and have it filled.. I've read that about a quarter of patients will experience a slippage of the band and about one patient in seven will experience a blockage of the passage between the two sections of the stomach. Lap band surgery can include erosion of the band into the stomach and twisting or leakage of the access port.... Slippage?.. I have looked into both lap band and gastric bypass and for me I'd rather have gastric bypass. I seem to have not such good luck sometimes and I would be the one who would have slippage and wouldn't have weight loss. and I need to drop about 150lbs. and with gastric bypass and I know that will happen and at a better rate than banding ... I am not knocking banders... we all do what is best for us.. I wish no one ill will... I want everyone to have weight loss and to keep it off. Sorry If I seemed rude.. I did not mean to be.
Lori D.
on 3/14/07 5:34 am - Chelsea, MA
If you are not feeling full and always hungry, call your doctor/nurse and let them know. Also remember it's a tool to be used along with eating right and exercising. You control the weight gain and loss.
DDBEAR458
on 3/14/07 5:46 am - WORCESTER, MA
i have to agree with Kelly. i haven't heard anything good about lapbanding either. i had RYN done on Jan. 16 and down 33 and still going. I feel great. this seems more permanent than the lap band
Skinnyladyinside07
on 3/16/07 12:35 pm
I am a lapband patient. I was banded 1/3/07 and have also lost 33 pounds. I'm doing well, eating healthy, and didn't have the serious RNY surgery. Will my weight drop off like big clothes? No, but I am happy with my decision. I just wanted you all to know I'm doing well with my band. There is a message board for bandsters. Di
Nancy Degenmeister
on 3/16/07 1:28 pm - Bergen County, NJ
Then, honestly, you haven't done very much research. Either that, or me losing 156lbs isn't very good.... Nancy
malia26
on 3/16/07 5:55 pm - WI
hmmmm..nothing good about banding huh? how about less invasive, less risky, less chance of death, no dumping and oh yeah, how about less malnutrition and more healthy for women who want to get pregnant. yeah, you lose fast with RNY but I have personally seen bad things with RNY in the hospital. Lap band is safer and if you follow the rules it works. Yes RNY is more permanent...literally because once you do it, you cannot go back. Lap band is completely reversible. But as far as permanent weight loss goes, studies show same outcomes at 5 years with either surgery..but what happens when RNYers start gaining back the weight? I work with someone like that. There's no return from there. At least the band can be adjusted. I haven't seen anything bad on the lap band board about the band..and there are a ton of people on there and no one regrets it. But I respect each persons choice on RNY or band or any other surgery.
Cher B.
on 3/14/07 7:35 am - MA
I'm not familiar enough with the lap band to give much advice. There is a lap band forum on OH it is worth also posting there and they might have some ideas what to eat ito feel full longer. Let your doc's office know and hopefully they can adjust the fills to work better for you. Good luck! ~Cher
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views