still feeling discouraged

reggaedj
on 3/13/07 3:59 am - Cape Cod, MA
Im 13 days out, and so far only down 7 lbs! What in the wild world of sports is going on? Is it possible that Im not eating ENOUGH? I have no idea how many calories Im actually getting in every day, but I know its not much. For breakfast I usually have 4 oz of yogurt, a protein shake at work, lunch has been refried beans or cottage cheese, another protien shake in the afternoon, and dinner has been cottage cheese, or cream of wheat, or refried beans w/cheese. Any suggestions? I dont know if I can find time during the day to eat any more, what with having to stop drinking water 30 minutes before and after, and still get all my fluids in....I feel like there's something going into my stomach every minute of the day!! Im feeling really tired too, but trying to focus on my protien.
Clare C.
on 3/13/07 4:19 am - North Andover, MA
Hi Reggae, Don't get discouraged. Don't forget that they pump you will all those IV Fluids in the hospital as well. You are still a newbie. It will come off before you know it. I am only a week out and I find it hard to get all the required stuff in. They say that may take a couple of weeks. Any other thing that people say is walk, walk, walk...... Good luck, Clare
DDBEAR458
on 3/13/07 5:01 am - WORCESTER, MA
your only 13 days out and your back to work already? way too soon. i took a full three weeks and i wi****ook four. maybe i woulnd't have gotten into all that trouble i got in at work...lol. my advice is...DON'T WEIGH YOURSELF. i don't own a scale. i can't be obsessed about yet ANOTHER thing in my life. the first week i lost 9. then it was slow (slow for me). i work in a hospital so they have scales EVERYWHERE. well, i got the nerve to hop on one day and i was down a couple. that got me excited so i told myself i would weigh in once a week there on the same day. well, it got to the next week and i didn't feel like i lost anything. when i hopped on the scale, i was down less than ONE POUND. talk about discouraged. the next week, i was reluctant to get on the scale and prepared myself that i didn't lose any. well,, i was down almost 4 pounds! wow. anyway, that week, i upped my foot intake. i didnt think i was eating enough. i was doing shakes too and eating very little in between. finally, my ANGEL said "don't you cook or prepare anything fresh for yourself, or is it all prepared stuff" so, that's when i bought a bunch of veggies and protein and cooked and ate more. i roasted up a bunch of "green" veggies for the whole week and took a little each day to work. i would mix them up with humus and that would be my lunch. i probably stunk, but i'd rather stink and be thin. lol. i will fry up some ground turkey and eat it with mayo on a dish with pickles and it's like a burger with no bun. we can only eat a small portion so it works out fine. your not ready to eat that much yet, but you will. good luck and don't be hard on yourself.
Jeanette P.
on 3/14/07 12:14 am - Hyannis, MA
You'll be just fine..... I remember when I was in the hospital, they gave me extra IV fluids because I wan't urinating enough and that actually made me gain weight. Your body is also still adjusting from this major surgery. It'll catch up and you're energy will too. It took a while for me, but it's getting there. Remember, you can call the doc and nut. anytime. Make sure you come to the meeting this next time around. ~Jeanette
reggaedj
on 3/14/07 12:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
which meeting is that? what is the date? I'll see if it fits in my schedule. Im back to work already, and busy as usual. I would like to attend though, I could use some moral support, lol.
fooseberry
on 3/16/07 9:52 am - E Falmouth, MA
Sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I have to admit the first weeks are tough. I am glad I was able to take almost 3 weeks off but not everyone can do that. I would kkep trudging along. I find I have unrealistic thoughts about how much weight should be coming off but I do listen to peoples comments on how I look. I figure they look at me more than I do because of my dislike for my shape now. Well my only advise is keep doing what you are doing because it sounds like you are following the plan perfect, keep exercising and REST. That is one of the things I found that is important and I need to make time for. I am 5 weeks out and need to shop for new clothes already so it will happen just keep your thoughts positive. Also Kruger's office just sent a new meeting schedule for 1st Wednesday of each month in Hyannis. Also Mondays (except the 2nd Monday) in Wareham at 7pm. Hope to see you around, Jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views