new girl

thenewme08
on 3/14/07 6:39 am - West Warren, MA
My husband works for Stop & Shop Supermarket Co. I don't know. I'm hoping my doctor will help me with a good letter. Of course she is on vacation till the 19th. Its just so depressing sometimes. Its gonig to be a long year!!!
Lauryn
on 3/14/07 6:04 am - Abington, MA
Sharon, I know wht you must be feeling! I have the formerly good but now dreded Tufts, too. My approval came 2 days before the deadline, but I was prepared to fight it. Before I started this whole process back last summer, I made a point of calling them to see if there were any pre-requisites and they said no, just that it had to be medically necessary. So, when Dr. Hess's office called to tell me about it in February (they were notified a month before the deadline) I was furious, depressed, etc. This arbitrary requirement of theirs has been disputed by so many surgeons, hospitals and even their own employees who completely agree with you when you call to complain. I'd write a letter to the insurance commissioner, if I were you & had enough medical reasons to get the surgery sooner than their dumb 12 months. Good luck & God Bless, Laurie
esruc04
on 4/5/07 12:56 pm - MA
Sharon, This was brought up by someone at a recent UMASS Weight Center discussion group. The recommendation was to contact your local state representative. There are certain reps that are well aware of this new tufts rule and Dr. Kelley has been working with them to fight this. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the specific state rep who is very active on this topic, but your doctor/surgeon should be willing/able to go to bat for you with the insurance company. Good luck! Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views