Dr. Tavakkoli at Brigham/Woman & Thyroid ???

mom2macd
on 3/11/07 9:45 am - Hull, MA
Hi All, I am somewhat new, and I am really glad that I found this site! I am working with Dr. Tavakkoli at BW, and just wondering if anyone else has/had him. I was all set to get my date, and my bloodwork came back with my thyroid out of whack. I have been on meds., since 1998 so I know it's just a matter of getting the meds straighten out, but Dr. Tavakkoli wants me to wait another few weeks for the blood test. I was really hoping to have this done by now! I am just wondering if anyone else hase Dr.Tavakkoli, and if anyone else has the thyroid issue!! Thank you! Denise
Pam M.
on 3/12/07 11:17 am - Western, MA
I've had mild hypothyroidism for the last 4 years. Every so often my meds need to be adjusted but it only takes a few weeks for it all to level out. I know its disappointing (I got rejected for insurance and had to weight 4 more months longer than I initially expected) but remember its for your own good. The thyroid function effects sooooo many different bodily processes and you really want them all working in tip-top shape when you go into surgery. Good luck, you'll do just fine.
mom2macd
on 3/13/07 2:22 am - Hull, MA
Thank you Pam!! It is disappointing, but you are right - I want everything to be fine before the surgery! Quick question - Did you find that you needed to have your meds adjusted after the surgery? If so, how often? Thank you again!
Pam M.
on 3/13/07 11:49 am - Western, MA
I'm only 2 weeks post-op so I'm not at the point where I've been tested yet. But between my primary care physician and ob/gyn (yes, even there they like to keep an eye on it) check me 2-3 times a year. My PCP did say he'd want it tested after "significant weight loss" but didn't elaborate on how much he considered significant. I'll check with him the next time one of us goes to see him.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views