Hi new

Nolily1
on 3/10/07 1:04 pm
Hi, I am new to OH. I have been approved for surgery ,but have not been able to have surgery yet. Due to the fact that I have an autoimmune ds called ITP. Which means I have low platelets of my blood due to unknown etiology. Platelets are involved with clotting. I am seeing a hematologist. Who has been trying to raise my platelet count by steroids which have failed x2. Then I had some serious side effects from steroids. ie; ruptured appendix with subsequent appendectomy. My surgeon still does not want to do surgery until my platelet count is up over 100,000. Does anyone know of anyone, or who has ITP and has had surgery completed. I'd like to know what needed to be established before surgeon would ok surgery. If anyone could be of help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Diane
Clare C.
on 3/11/07 1:01 am - North Andover, MA
Hi Diane, I just wanted to say "HI" and welcome you to OH. I don't have ITP and don't know enough about it. I have Rhuematoid Arthritis another type of autoimune disease. I had my surgery on Monday and everything went fine. My surgeon was worried about surgery with my RA meds and I had to stop them way before surgery. I hope you get the answers that you are look for. Clare
honeymoo
on 3/12/07 8:45 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Sorry I can't relate to what you are going through I just wanted to say hello and Welcome. I fully believe everything happens for a reason, you want to be as close to 100% before you go through any surgery. You want to be the best you can be. Hang in there and when the time is right it will happen. Good luck Gwen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views