home sweet home

KatKat
on 3/8/07 5:36 am
I got home around noon today. I am really tired and bloated and gassy but my surgeon said I was an ideal patient. I did run a fever last night because I'm not inflating my lungs enough and I'm finding it tough to balance all the water/protein/liquid diet. I am hoping it will get easier as time goes by. Right now I feel like I've been hit by a truck but I hope to get online again tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your well wishes. They really do help. Kathleen
Bariatric Bella
on 3/8/07 5:59 am - Dayton, OH
RNY on 11/02/05 with
You are doing great. Yeah I told everyone a MAC truck just plowed me over. The water and drinking will get easier but it will be hard at first. For the protein try to condense it. So for a scoop try it with 4 ounces of water. Also they have protein in these test tube looking shots. A friend of mine used them adn she said they arent half bad. But I stuck to my Isopure as that is what my doctor preferred for just out of surgery. Walk , Walk, Walk it will help move the Gas around. Also I hope they sent you home with a spirometer to breath into. Use it so you dont get sick. Inflat those lungs they will keep ypu from getting an embolism. Remember your body is very fragile for the next six weeks from illness be good to yourself. You have come through the surgery tiem will do the rest. I would say it is easier form here, but honestly its not. The really tough stuff begins now, because now you have to start the lifestyle change to a healthy lifestyle. I had my surgery over a year ago and it is still hard sometimes when youhave such an unhealthy relationship most of your life with food, but you have to eat it to stay alive. I wish you the best and if you need anythign email me: [email protected] Amy
vavouna
on 3/8/07 7:52 am - revere, MA
Hi Kathleen....welcome home! I am so happy to hear that everything went well with your surgery. Get lot's of rest and as the reader below me said...walk as much as you can to get rid of the gas...I heard that helps a lot. Try to get in all of your waterand before you know it, you will be a pro at this. Please keep us posted on your progress! Marie
Carolyn L.
on 3/9/07 6:37 am - Northborough, MA
Congrats on being home Kathleen!! Use that spirometer!! The diet is hard to adjust to but you'll get it. I found it easier to ge****er or Isopure in while I was walking or soon after. Take care of yourself!! Carolyn
Cher B.
on 3/9/07 9:02 am - MA
Hey Kathleen, So glad to hear that you are home and hopefully catching up on your rest. Call me if you need anything...I can run any errands that might be helpful. Keep us up to date on how you are doing. It is supposed to warm up this weekend so it should be much better for when you are ready to take walks outside. ~Cher
coffeegirl
on 3/9/07 9:23 am - somewhere, MA
Hooray for you, happy all went well with the surgery. Sleep if your tired.....and sip and walk lol. Each day gets better. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views