Crying

Marianne978
on 3/7/07 10:40 pm - Metrowest, MA
Not sure why but i keep crying and keep seem to make it stop. Anyone else have this feeling?
DDBEAR458
on 3/8/07 1:37 am - WORCESTER, MA
I can cry every day. I can cry on a maxwell house commercial. I think it's pretty normal. Our hormones are all over the place.
Lauryn
on 3/8/07 2:12 am - Abington, MA
Deidre is right, you haven't said whether you are newly post-o*****t, but even pre-op, I get the weepies from time to time. What usually gets me out of my pity-parties is thinking about people worse off than me and then trying to do something for them, even if it's just praying for them. Like this morning when they were describing the deplorable conditions that some of our poor wounded soldiers are having to endure in the Veterans hospitals. That snapped me right out of my morning funk. Change of scenery also helps - going outside for a little stroll and some fresh air. My niece tells me that the first 3 weeks after surgery are hell, so I'm bracing myself for some heavy-duty sob-fests. Trying to keep busy with crafts or reading a good book are high on my list of self-diversions. Hope these help you! God Bless, Laurie
Marianne978
on 3/8/07 2:36 am - Metrowest, MA
I just had my surgery this past monday, March 5th and I got home yesterday. I was very out of it Monday/Tuesday but for some reason on Wednesday I started crying speratically and today the same thing. I keep saying what did I do, was this the right thing....Its not like I didnt think about the surgery for almost a year and now this. I was expecting the mixed emotions. My husband has been very supportive of me and I think now I have him worried becuase keep crying.
KellyMASS
on 3/8/07 4:28 am - MA
I've heard that people often question if they should have done it or not after they are home. I'm sure you have a range of emotions going on right now. I have my consult coming up in April with Dr. Partridge.
KatKat
on 3/8/07 5:32 am
Hi Marianne I also had surgery Mon w/Dr. Partridge! Were you on Usen 6? I thought the nurses were amazing. I just got home today. I feel pretty wiped out but not weepy yet. I do sort of expect that to happen eventually. RIght now I am trying to get rid of all this gas - I feel like I'm 6 mos pregnant! Email me if you want to talk. Kathleen
Marianne978
on 3/8/07 6:14 am - Metrowest, MA
Yes Katheleen, I was in Usen 6....I saw you there in end room while I was doing my walking. I have been having a really hard time and I thought I was all prepared for this and I am now finding myself having regret and worry Do you have alot of pain on your left side? I would love to talk more with you and maybe it would ease some of my worries.
KatKat
on 3/9/07 12:44 am
Hi Marianne, You should have stopped in and said hello! It was weird because I knew there were other patients of Partridge/Gazmuri but I never saw anyone. My pain seems to be on both sides. I was getting a sharp shooting pain on my left but that seems to have eased, although it was never a constant pain. I think one of the med students said that area was "worked on" the most during the surgery so it would make sense if it hurt there more. On my right side is where I have a gaping hole where the drain was. Yuck! I looked at it last night when I showered... not pretty but not too painful. My biggest complaint is that my torso feels very very heavy. I insisted on wearing a binder home from the hospital because every time I walk I feel like I have to hold all my insides in. I am surprised at the amount of bloating that I have in my tummy and legs (all the way down to my ankles which look really swollen). I have been walking and doing Gas X strips and it is getting a bit better. I'm hoping by tomorrow I will feel even better. They say everything gets better with time. If you want, send me a personal message and we can "talk". I think it is also very helpful to have someone to take care of you. IN the hospital it was the nurses and now my mom's taking care of me at home. I know I need someone to tell me to get up out of bed, to walk, to shower, to change into clothes and not stay in PJs all day. Doing all of this helps beat the blues. Hang in there! Kathleen
Bariatric Bella
on 3/8/07 5:52 am - Dayton, OH
RNY on 11/02/05 with
This is normal for where you are at. It is called hybernation syndrome and the body is going through a stage of depression. It is completely normal I went through it as well. I had my surgery Nov 2, 2005 Amy
Julie ~
on 3/8/07 8:36 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views