Roast beef is for Cows!!!

cshapleigh
on 3/7/07 8:12 am
HI, My fabulous angel Brenda gave me some advice but thought I'd share my experience to help someone not go through what I did. I'm 8 weeks out and am beginning to experiment with "real food". Today was roast beef. I had a taste last night and it went down ok and it tasted great. I figured that I was home free and decided to have it for lunch. 2 oz of it. I have been sick ever since. Brenda suggested I take Milk of Magnesia or GasX and go on a liquid diet for a day. She also said it is very common for newbies to have trouble with beef because it is hard to digest. Did I learn the hard way and had my first bout of foamies too. Hope this helps someone. C
Knotty Druid
on 3/10/07 5:26 am - MA
Carol, I was 10 months out before I could even stomach roast beef/steak. It made me sick every time I tried it. Also, turkey made me very sick. The dark meat was OK, but the white meat did me in. I would puree dark meta turkey with gravy and it would stay down, something about the texture I guess. Good luck.
Brenda T.
on 3/10/07 8:33 am - MA
Sure hope you are feeling better. And thank you for calling me FABULOUS, I needed the ego boost... Your a doll, I will call you soon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views