Joining a Gym

KellyMASS
on 3/5/07 8:36 am - MA
I started looking into gyms to join... is there a chain that you have joined that you like ... I have heard that Curves for Women won't let you join if you are very over weight. I have tried the local YMCA but was not comfortable there at all.
manchenton
on 3/6/07 3:49 am
I certainly have not heard Curves discriminating. I joined in both Watertown and Stoneham. It's been a year since I've belonged but I never had a problem in the past. I think the Curves atmosphere is great for large women and the machines are doable for everyone. Just keep in mind, every place is influenced but the people working there and you may have to keep looking until you find one that's right for you. Keep trying. Good luck.
Cher B.
on 3/6/07 7:56 am - MA
Hi Kelly, The gym usually makes me feel pretty uncomfortable as well. I'm not sure where you live but the Metrowest Wellness Center in Framingham was a gym that I felt very comfortable at. Unfortunately, I don't live close enough to go there anymore. I'm hoping to hear everyone's suggestions as well. ~Cher
Lori D.
on 3/6/07 9:01 am - Chelsea, MA
Look for gyms that have a "woman's section" along with a co-ed section. You may feel more comfortable doing the woman's section until you go to the co-ed.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views