soda

Jeanette P.
on 3/5/07 7:22 am - Hyannis, MA
I'm 7 weeks out & I'm wondering if anyone can drink caff. free diet soda. I've been craving it soooo bad, but I'm nervous to try it. ~Jeanette
Bariatric Bella
on 3/5/07 8:08 am - Dayton, OH
RNY on 11/02/05 with
Well my doctor said to never drink soda again. The carbonation can lock gas into your intestines and distend them as well. Some people do flat but my nurse said the body has a way with internal compression and the carbon in it still expands. So if you do think about if you are going to hurt yourself and the surgery that you just had. This is the time that the stomach is its most tender to shape and size. Once thins are stretched out they arent the same due to scar tissue. Think more about what you might be doing to your stoma hole at the bottom of your pouch. But it isnt a clear cut diet all doctors are different hun. Amy
manchenton
on 3/6/07 3:19 am
Jeanette - My drs and NUT also are saying no carbonation at all. I'm sure many people do go back to soda, beer, sparkling water, champagne, etc but it is highly recommended not to. Being only 7 weeks out, hold off as long as you can. Any Fruit2O or crystal light product fill your craving? Maybe decaffinated flavored teas? Good luck. Michelle
Crystal M
on 3/14/07 9:15 am - Dracut, MA
I understand exactly what you are going thru. I was a huge soda drinker and still crave it. The thing I found to work the best are Sugar Free popsicles that come in Diet Coke, Diet Dr Pepper, and Diet Sunkist flavors in the same box. Check your grocery store. They taste soooooo good and they really do stop the cravings without jeopardizing your pouch. Good Luck Crystal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views