WEIGHT LOSS BEFORE SURGERY

steambacker
on 3/5/07 1:33 am - Hull, MA
Hello, I was curious what diets you have tried to lose the initial 10% body-fat before surgery? Did anyone have a difficult time?
Lauryn
on 3/5/07 1:40 am - Abington, MA
Hi Jenn, I'm in Dr. Hess' group. too. Isn't he a doll?!? My friend told me that I'd love him, but I had no idea how nice he would be. Anyway, to answer your question, I've been using a protein-sparing fast. I've lost about 36 pounds since 12/15. I had done this method about 16 years ago and remembered that I was never hungry and never grouchie, so with all the stress of caring for my 91-year-old Dad and demands of my job, I begged Dr. Istfan to let me do it this way. I"t means more visits to him & into Boston, but it's been worth it. Good luck * God Bless, Laurie
steambacker
on 3/5/07 1:50 am - Hull, MA
YES, HE IS A DOLL!!! Thank you for your reply to my post, I'm researching the protein-sparing fast now..it looks very interesting! I might try it! I just saw Dr Istfan a couple of weeks ago and Natalie the other day. If I have trouble losing I may try meds when i go back to Dr Istfan at the end of the month. Right now I'm cutting salt and diet coke. I'm addicted to both! I am in a fog all day! I hope my body will go back to normal soon. I am also cutting my portions and sweets. I hope this works! I'm so worried I will have a hard time with this! Thank you so much for your support! Good luck to you as well!!! Jenn
Lauryn
on 3/7/07 3:00 am - Abington, MA
Jenn, I'm sooo excited! I just got my surgery date - Tuesday, April 24th! If you can, try to make it to Monday night's support group at Quincy Medical Center I usually get there rather early, sp maybe we can talk aout it more then, okay? I pray that you have success with your choice of pre-op diet. Our attitude going into this is so important. Portion control was always a huge problem for me, that's why totally avoiding carbohydrates and sweets is my best bet. I do miss them, but at least I don't get that gnawing hunger & depression this way, so it was the best appoach for me. God Bless, Laurie
Lori D.
on 3/5/07 5:54 am - Chelsea, MA
Jenn Each program is different, mine had me on protien (yogurt), fruit w/limited starch in the morning, and for lunch & dinner it was 3 oz of protien, vegetables w/limited starch again. No snacking in between. Also, drink a 1/2 hour before you eat and do not drink with your meal - do you best to drink 1/2 to an hour after your meal. I'm actually back to that diet - it's been 5 weeks since surgery so I can incorporate alot of the foods, I just have to eat small portions and chew well. Good luck! Lori
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views