Im home

reggaedj
on 3/2/07 4:27 pm - Cape Cod, MA
I had my surgery on Wednesday, came home on Friday. Doc said the surgery couldnt have gone more smoothly...and Im feeling pretty good. I dont get a "full" feeling yet, of course, so my big challenge right now is knowing when to stop eating. Last night, I had some chicken broth at dinnertime, and drank about a half a coffe cup of broth...waited about 30 minutes, and drank the rest, because it tasted so good. I think I may have overdone it, because I felt kind of bloated afterward and could taste the broth for the entire rest of the night! Im afraid of eating too much and stretching the pouch and/or bursting a stitch or something. Should i just lay low and stick with water for a few days? Just curious. Thanks! Reggae DJ
fooseberry
on 3/2/07 8:47 pm - E Falmouth, MA
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So glad to here you are home and that everything went well. Remember it will be tough in the beginning but soon it will all smooth out. I would keep trying things and testing your comfort with them. I liked broth occasionally because it was a little more like food instead of the sweet milky shakes all the time. I am 3 1/2 weeks out and feel pretty normal. It seems like the first few difficult days were so long ago. Keep in touch and hope to see you at a support group meeting . Jennifer 303/288/263
vavouna
on 3/3/07 2:56 am - revere, MA
Reggae DJ.....I'm so happy to hear that everything went well with your surgery! Marie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views