I'm home!

shelleyfitz
on 2/28/07 11:29 pm - Hubbardston, MA
Hi everyone, I had surgery this past Monday the 26th at NWH and came home last night. No complications at all...so happy to be home. Dr.'s said I'm doing great. I already have a question though, for people who have been through this. How soon did you have a bowel movement? They made it seem like it would take a while, but I had one this morning. I just want to see if anyone else had it fast like me, or if maybe I should call because it could be more of a problem. Thanks!
coffeegirl
on 3/1/07 5:05 am - somewhere, MA
Hi Shelley, Congratulations and welcome to the loosers bench. Pleased to hear that you are doing so well. Your body will void when it needs to void. As long as it wasn't painful or tinged with blood i would say you are fine. i voided the day after I came home as well. If you are really nervous you can call your doc. Linda
Lori D.
on 3/1/07 10:21 am - Chelsea, MA
Congratulations! Whenever they told said there may be bowel movement problems I was concerned, I'm not regular to begin with and didn't need to worry about that, funny thing though - I didn't have a problem after my surgery. It's been a month (today) and no problems/issues at all.
jrobichaud
on 3/2/07 8:31 am - Pepperell, MA
Congrats and welcome home. I too had surgery at NWH in November. I was discharged on thursday and had my first movement on Saturday. Remember that the pain meds will also slow down your syatem. Good luck.. Josh
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views