Home!

RosieO
on 2/27/07 10:29 am - Winthrop, MA
I had my open RNY Tuesday 2/20 and did well first 2 days and then had complication with nausea/dry heaves etc ...that required my central line to remain in and get lots more IV fluids (as well as switch my pain med etc back to IV) but finally got over that and went home Saturday afternoon. Saw Dr on Monday and he (and I) am happy with my progress ...a bit tired and still having a good amount of abdominal/incisional pain but that and everything else is getting better on a daily basis. Sometime by the end of this week I will update my profile to detail out the whole hospital experience) Great to be on the losing side now and even though I had a rough couple of days I have no regrets! Rosie
txbunny930
on 2/28/07 12:35 am - MA
Hi Rosie: Glad you are home and now on the losing side. Everyone's recovery is a little different but the end result is worth the little bumps we may experience. My plan was to come up and see you in the hospital and things became crazy for me. I apologize for not getting to visit you. You have, however, been in my thoughts and prayers. I saw Dr. Randall the day of your surgery and did express wanting to see you that day and he advised against it. Smart man. You would have been exhausted from the whole day's event. We're all here if you need us. Hugs and Congrats. Lorraine
RosieO
on 2/28/07 3:23 am - Winthrop, MA
Thanks Lorraine I do remember either Dr Randall or Kate mentioning they had spoken to you ....I am getting stronger now on a daily basis...even planning on walking down and getting my nails done on Friday! Can't wait to see everyone and be on the losers side at the March support group meeting Rosie
txbunny930
on 3/1/07 1:04 am - MA
This is something where you get stronger and better daily. You'll do fantastic and remember you have a great support group behind you all the way. Lorraine
coffeegirl
on 2/28/07 7:34 am - somewhere, MA
Hi Rosie, Welcome to the loosers bench. Sorry to hear you hit a bumpy road, glad you are now on the mend. Every day it gets better, hang in there. Hugs Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views