Dressing Room Disaster/Going back to work

Joanne N.
on 2/21/07 10:34 pm
Hi all, I just need to vent. I had my surgery 1/16/07, I have lost 30 pounds (woo hoo). I am going back to work on Monday so I thought it would be nice if I bought a couple of new shirts for work. I usually wear dressy black pants with some sort of top and my pants are mostly elastic band so they still fit (good). Anyway, I went to Kohls and took about 15 shirts into the dressing room. Before surgery I wore a 3X shirt so I brought in mostly 2x and a few 3x. I left with ONE stinkin shirt. I have not gone down a size! I was so frustrated that I left. I want to look "different" going back to work. I hate to go out and buy more 3x shirts to shortly "out grow" them. If anyone has any sweaters, shirts, etc that they are willing to part with let me know. In the meantime I'll just sit here an pout Thanks for listening as always! xo Joanne
cbelitze
on 2/22/07 2:35 am - south weymouth, MA
Dont get upset with yourself. Give it a couple of days and your body will adjust to your weight loss and you are probable down a size or two. I had my surgery on aug 21st but had hugecomplications but I have lost a total of 133 lbs as of 2/15/07. I have gone down 10 sizes but it took a couple of month for my body to re adjust itself to my weight loss. XO Marie
RITA32
on 2/22/07 2:43 am - Stoneham, MA
Joanne Take a deep breath...then go to WALMART yes I said Walmart there sizes are always a size bigger....When I need a pick me up I go and buy a size 10 in Wally world. I ain't that size anywhere but there....
Lori D.
on 2/22/07 4:48 am - Chelsea, MA
Don't fret, you've most likely lost weight in other areas. Good luck!
txbunny930
on 2/22/07 5:23 am - MA
Hi There: Ya know, some sizes are just sized wrong. Kohls is known for that and I never shop there before of it. I know I have a few tops that'll fit you for now that I had just bought prior to my surgery. I'll try and have them with me tomorrow night at Rita's. Are you still going? Lorraine xoxo
stephanie1977
on 2/23/07 12:38 am - Roxbury, MA
Joanne Congrats on the weight loss to date. You are doing great!!!! I gave all my old clothes to St. Francis House last year so I only have stuff that I can't get into yet. The funny thing is I would try on stuff that people gave me and at first they didn't fit, so I would say okay 20 more pounds off and this will fit or I would say 2 more weeks in the pool and that will fit. And strangely enough, that seemed to do the trick. Now just last weekend I went into the closet and pants that I couldn't zip about 2 or 3 months ago, are too big. I can't even wear them now. I am a midget next to you so I would be happy to pass things along but what is long on me would be capris on you I can't make Rita's tonight. Have fun. Love, Stephanie
Cher B.
on 2/23/07 10:16 am - MA
Hi Joanne, You are doing great. Don't let Kohl's get you down. Kohls', Sears, Marshall''s they all pretty much run small. If you get to Dedham, try the Old Navy there. They have plus sizes that run better than some of these other places and their prices are good. Best wishes with returning to work. ~Cher
Jeanette P.
on 2/27/07 11:31 pm - Hyannis, MA
Hey Joanne, don't worry, your body will catch up! I had surgery on the same day as you and I'm down 33lbs. I also havn't notice a big change with my clothes, although, I am noticing differences in the way things fit. I think our bodies just need time to catch up with the scale. Hang in there, you're doing fantastic!!! ~Jeanette
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views