Lots of questions, one week after

BeeDee
on 2/21/07 4:17 pm
My family member had RNY 2/14/07 at Tobey, Dr. Kruger. She is having difficulty with diarreah, after trial and error with various liquids, protein drinks, etc. She is following her nut to the letter. After one call with dr. and nut they thought she might be lactose intol. But even staying away from that there is still very liquidy bms. She is weak, and concerned. She doesn't have a computer to log in so I am her eyes and ears out here on the web. She also wanted to know if the support group in Hyannis cost $$. Her list of concerns are the mornings, headaches, liquid bms, and a strange condition on her tongue. It looks black and has a fuzz...anyone heard of these things?
Lesliee59
on 2/21/07 11:03 pm - Needham, MA
She should call her doctor right away! She could have a bacterial infection, or virus. That can cause her tongue to be black. She needs to be checked. Let us know what happens. Leslie
Cher B.
on 2/22/07 7:46 am - MA
Hi Brita, I agree that she should definitely talk to her Dr. I am wondering if the diarrhea may be related to losing the 'good bacteria" in the intestine which happens to many people who are antibiotics. It is probably worth asking the MD if she can take acidophilus pills to restore the good bacteria. You should be able to get them at CVS or Walgreens. Yogurt with live cultures can also help with this but if lactose intolerance is a concern that might not be a good idea. There is a good chance that the headaches are because she is dehydrated from the diarrhea. Here is something I found on the tongue condition... http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/Tongue-Hairy#nord331-disorder-subdivisions Please let us know how she is doing and makes sure she is not shy about calling the surgeon. ~Cher
BeeDee
on 2/22/07 4:24 pm
Hello and thanks very much. Yes, she is talking with the doctor, just yesterday after my posting this message. You gals are right, he recommended she get the aciliophidus (sp?) which we did. She had a good day yesterday after eating yogurt which sat well and the diarreah seemed better. Her tongue symptoms lead him to think she might have a yeast-type infection so she has a script for that now. She also thought she needed the good bacteria in her intestines, so you all certainly know what you're doing. I commend you. I am having her compile a list of questions I can post for her, since she has no web access. Imagine not having the information and support of the world wide web. She was provided a ton of information, lists, etc. and she re-reads it daily to make sure it all comes together but it can be conflicting and its not as good as touching base with actual people like yourselves. She did want me to ask about "recipies", ideas, etc. for the liquid only phase. Without the dairy, her list is very short and boring. We checked with the nut and got the ok for a few liquid, natural flavorings to put in cream of rice, etc. Any ideas? Thanks again. I'll be back.
Jeanette P.
on 2/27/07 11:35 pm - Hyannis, MA
Well, I'm glad your getting that resolved. I felt a little weak after surgery and had the diarreah, but it all passed. my surgery with Dr. Kruger was on Jan 16th. Where are you guys located? My daughter has a friend with the same last name as you. ~Jeanette
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views