THIS CHARLIE WEISS THING!!!!

DramaQueenz
on 2/18/07 1:56 pm - Patriots Nation, MA
Let me chime in on this. Charlie Weiss was a patient. Dr. Randell is a surgeon. He should have known to say no to this man! No person off the street that isn't a high profile person could have walked into his office saying schedule me this month, and I don't want to do the pre-op work. Yeah right! They would have called a non-high profile person a loon, and sent him out of the office. I think he should have told him he couldn't have the surgery until he completes the pre-op work. He should have known. THEY BOTH should have known!
TomL
on 2/18/07 11:04 pm - Bradford, MA
I am sure that this was a self pay by Charlie. I bet that he walked in, told the doc it was a self pay, and MGH treated him like a god. Self pay is huge. Insurance pays less that 50% so you figure the hospital made money off of this. Of course they are gonna do it as soon as possible. Charlie had them by the cajones. If they said no, he woulda gone the next place and had it done. Shame on Charlie for not going through pre ops. Shame on MGH more for doing it.
RITA32
on 2/19/07 2:29 am - Stoneham, MA
Nicole, If you are following this spectacle you will note Dr Randall was not the surgeon who performed the surgery.
julie2006
on 2/19/07 1:07 am - georgetown, MA
Hi Everyone, I am going to chime in on this too. I run my own support group for pre and post op patients of MGH Weight Center. There hasn't been much for support for Mr. Weiss or his grandstanding of Tom Brady in front of the jury this past week. We all research the surgery, we go to the classes before and after the surgery. The weight center can't force you to go to any of the classes. I am sure this will come up when Dr. Ferguson goes on the witness stand or if they call any other employees of the weight center before the judge. I think all rules to HIPPA fly out the window when there is a law suit. Nothing is private for Charlie Weiss at this point. He knew what he was getting into, he wasn't even telling anyone about it. He had problems from the beginning. There were a few patients from the group that have brought up some information they had about him and what they heard from nurses and staff at the hospital when they had their surgery. I truly believe in my heart that Dr. Ferguson is not at fault. My husband and I have been patients at the weight center since 1999 and have both had the gastric bypass surgery. Everybody will have their own opinions, but that is my two cents or so worth.
Cher B.
on 2/20/07 5:03 am - MA
They declared a mistrial today. http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/02/judge_declares.html I guess that means it will start over with a brand new case at some point.
SkinnyMe71805
on 2/21/07 12:01 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Im sorry, I feel bad for the docs and for mr.weiss. I dont see how having surgery on your stomach has anything to do with losing sensation in your feet....does that make sense to you? They obviously didn****ch him closley enough to catch the infection before it got as bad as he's claiming it did. Whatever happened, Its not my concern. I chose Umass in Worcester because the year i had surgery too many Boston area Hospitals were in the news for deaths. I was out the hospital in 2 days and off pain meds in 3. No complications whatsoever and I am greatful. I think that only God knows what truly happened and if the docs made mistakes....hell thats what malpractice insurance is for right?
DramaQueenz
on 2/21/07 2:05 pm - Patriots Nation, MA
Rita, Thanks for bringing that up. I noticed that I typed the wrong name. I must have just been thinking about him. Can't fix it now anyway.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views