THIS CHARLIE WEISS THING!!!!

stephanie1977
on 2/15/07 8:35 pm - Roxbury, MA
Is anyone else just a little unnerved about this Charlie Weiss thing in the news? Now everyone has an opinon and it is directed to me. At work I got into a heated discussion with a maintanence guy that is a sports fan. Oh what you can't accept the fact that Mr. Weiss might be just a tad at fault? This guy was blaming the doctors and they should be thrown in jail. I can't believe that in this day and age, these doctors wouldn't take care of a high profile case like Charlie and explain EVERYTHING to him. I feel a lot of different things about this case. And I am really confused. Anybody else feel the same? Stephanie
txbunny930
on 2/15/07 11:43 pm - MA
Like you, I've been approached this morning with co-workers concerned about me after everything they are reading concerning Weiss. I had to explain that there was so much more to this story that everything is not shared, only the negitives regarding WLS. I'll be curious to find out how this all turns out. I'm on the fence with this one. Lorraine
Joanne N.
on 2/16/07 12:02 am
Hey Wicky Girlfriend, how did your thingy look this morning? xo Joanne
txbunny930
on 2/16/07 12:08 am - MA
Thingy looked very bloody and I already had to change the dressing on it. I'm in pain today but at work. Glutton for punishment. How's your wick doing? Pretty colors I'm sure. xoxo Lorraine
Joanne N.
on 2/16/07 12:00 am
Hi Stephanie, Hi Lorraine... I think that there is alot more to this story than we realize. As Dr. Randall said, he can't discuss some parts of the case. I would just point out to your co-workers that YOU are a success story! It was great to see all of you last night! xo Joanne
KatKat
on 2/16/07 4:04 am
Hi Stephanie, I am annoyed by the whole thing. Especially since it is causing my friends and relatives to panic because my surgery is less than 3 weeks away. I had an appt. w/my surgeon this morning and asked her about it. She thinks it was a very rare complication, that he went in at the beginning of June and demanded the surgery for the beginning of June because he wanted it done before the football season began. I guess men over the age of 50 are higher risk to begin with, and he probably had other comorbs. I personally began looking into surgery last August and will finally have the surgery 7 months later.... My surgeon emphasizes the importance of researching your surgeon and the surgeon's practice (mine has 2 surgeons who work together so I see both of them). Also, it seems that the on-call doctor (not his surgeon) for CW was not an experienced laproscopic bariatric surgeon. It is a shame that the press feels the need to scream about this because it scares people. She said the last time it happened in the Boston area, the number of surgeries done dropped dramatically. I like her attitude - that obesity is a disease, and that surgery is often the only cure (rather than a "last resort" as the press and so many others believe). All I know is I am now trying to convince my mother that I am not going to DIE. Kathleen
Clare C.
on 2/16/07 4:27 am - North Andover, MA
Hi Kathleen, Our surgeries are on the same day. Best wishes. All I hear from people are...Hope you are not having your surgery at mgh...Are you sure you want to have done, etc..... I don't know the whole story but he is alive and isn't his weight better wise. Clare
vavouna
on 2/16/07 11:58 pm - revere, MA
were you the lady that spoke at the wls with Dr. Randall on Thursday? I was on the other side and I really felt better when I left about this procedure after hearing what you said. Thank you...this picture kind of looks like the woman I'm speaking about...so if your not...then I'm sorry okay.
baker1
on 2/17/07 1:07 am - NORTH HAMPTON, NH
He was told to waIt FOR THE off season and he would not! like it would of made a difference if he was fat for a few more months. He was back coaching with 4 days after being released from the hospital and didn't come in for recommended post-op appointments so he has to take responsibility. He also had leg problems before surgery and was one of the main reasons for his surgery. If you don'tn want to listen to the doctors and follow the program(of this elective surgery) then don't come back later and blame them for everything!
shadow4cat
on 2/18/07 8:00 am
I find it amazing that CW doesn't follow the rules, then blames everyone else. If he had waited as he was advised, perhaps the outcome would be different? I agree though that it really has become a topic of conversation, and is scaring people unnecessarily. --Stella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views